USDA grant for HVAC

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Hellen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

USDA grant for HVAC

Post by Hellen »

In February my HVAC system died. I used a home line of credit to replace it in February. In February I also applied to USDA for a grant for replacement. Didn't hear anything until August 2. Got a phone call asking me for a few updated documents which I sent immediately and was told I was approved for the grant. Late August I received another phone call telling me I would not be getting the grant because the work had already been done. Confusing since I had to have it done and couldn't wait to get it done. I also needed the system throughout the summer. There was no way I could wait 6 months for the USDA HVAC grant.
Do you know any agencies that I might apply for reimbursement of the cost of the system? I'm 68, live alone on my SS income. I would very much appreciate any advice. I don't have the income to repay this credit line. Thank you.
Cykas

Re: USDA grant for HVAC

Post by Cykas »

I was just wondering if you all at the USDA helped with paying bills & if so I need help with my electric bill as well as a grant for HVAC fixes. They shut my electric off June 18th because we were unable to make a payment. I work full time & do construction but when it rains or the equipment goes down they send us home & we only get paid for the hours were there. They want a payment of $ 333.73 to even turn it back on so a grant for the electric bill and HVAC fixe would be great.
My wife is 38 weeks pregnant with our 4th child & is being induced next week & we have 3 small kids at home aging from 2 years old to 6 years old to an 8 year old with special needs & a medicine to be kept cold but with no electric it is hard to do anything & it's hot in our house. I was just wondering if you all helped with this kind of thing. If so please call me and ask for Justin. Thank you in advance.
Vienna Black

Post by Vienna Black »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Rebecca, I am moving into a mobile home at Gulfport, MS that is part of a USDA program. I have filled out the LIHEAP application form from several sites and have left messages with one number and have called several numbers that no longer in service and have not been unable to reach anyone to get a grant for my HVAC repairs. I need help paying the 300 dollar deposit if possible and assistance with monthly electric bills and HVAC unit from the USDA.
I receive SNAP , I am a single mother of twins. I have health conditions that limit my working ability, so I am on a fixed income. I have tried to get some response via inline, and over the phone. Some of the places I have already tried are listed below.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The USDA does have some housing programs, including for rent, home buying, repairs and more. Maybe they can help you. Look here for USDA housing programs.