Grant to pay for alcohol rehabilitation

Anyone seeking grant information or comments on them
NHPB has many grant programs listed, and look here for grants to help pay bills.
Mrs. Camber
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Grant to pay for alcohol rehabilitation

Post by Mrs. Camber »

My husband is an alcoholic. In recent years, he has endangered his work and my mental health, as well as his own. In the middle of May, he had a seizure and went to the ER at Lenox Hill Hospital, from there to the IC unit on a ventilator and stomach/ lung pumps. He spent 2 weeks in the hospital. When I refused to let him come home, he agreed to rehab in upstate NY. We need a grant to pay for that rehab.
He spent 2 weeks at Conifer Park until the insurance ran out, then one week in Bellevue Shelter, and then entered a private pay rehab in Oswego, NY. He has not worked since the end of April. He is the financial resource for us, except for my social security ($686/month). When he does work, it's freelance, so our income is very low. I have only managed on credit cards, for which interest has accumulated on the treatment plans for the rehabilitation. He is still in rehab and won't return until late December. I have mounting bills and mounting debt that I would like a grant to pay off. Even food is charged to credit cards. I would appreciate any assistance I can get.
Sheppard1

Re: Grant to pay for alcohol rehabilitation

Post by Sheppard1 »

My wife and I are in need of assistance with our rent $750.88. I was making money fixing appliances using craigslist ads but I have not received any work in two weeks and have started turning in applications for work. And my wife is in rehab for alcoholism. I will have a job in just over a week but my rent is already past due. Please help direct me to any available grant programs that may help.
Cykas

Re: Grant to pay for alcohol rehabilitation

Post by Cykas »

Hi.  My 13-year-old son was placed in a residential program (STARR Albion prep) about 5 months ago for alcohol rehabilitation. He is scheduled to be released to come back home in March 2021. I’m told that DHS will be paying for half of it with a grant for the alcohol rehabilitation. We haven’t received a bill yet, but I’m told that we will be responsible to pay around $20,000! I’m wondering if there are any grants available or assistance for something like this?
Thank you
Sent from my iPhone