Everything is broken in my home

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Damon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Everything is broken in my home

Post by Damon »

Hello, 
The story begins where in November 2014. I lost my job in the Financial Industry.  I lived on my own, and used credit cards to pay rent sometimes and other things. I now moved back home but everything seems broken (appliances).  I worked at a temporary agency and the pay of course not that of when in banking.  I then started a temporary position at an Insurance Company and needed surgery for blood clots, and did not have the benefits I did with banking, nor any benefits with temporary agency, as I used the money to pay other bills.
I did not have Cobra and if I did, the 6 month period would have been over with.   After the blood clots a string of bad events happen and still continue now and I moved back home with my mother, during this time my father passed away, I was in a car accident, had Vertigo, and warts, hemorrhoids .
My mother never worked and the house I am in with her is 56 years old, my age.
Today I took a shower upstairs and water leaked below to the basement.  I have had so many financial Problems and collectors calling me, and this affected my credit score.
So, getting a loan is a problem and I owe on other things.  To top it off, I have a sprained leg from two years ago, still paying on this bill, and an infection that I have a Map loan with a bank.         
When I moved back home, the garbage disposal does not work, the dryer broke, and washer does not work properly and the shower in the basement, hot water knob rusted and no water comes out.  A new washer and dryer needed and shower downstairs needs fixing.  I cannot afford this and my mother has her bills and such.  I am seeking some help here with all the broken stuff and appliances in my home, what is out there to help financially or low cost plumbing.  I live in Lake County, Ohio (Willowick/Zip Code 44095).
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Everything is broken in my home

Post by Admin »

If your home needs repairs, you need new furniture or appliances and the like, then there are community action agencies that may help. They often have homeowner repair grants, can direct people to loans, and similar options. Find a community action agency grant program. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... gency.html
Damon wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:08 am Hello, 
The story begins where in November 2014. I lost my job in the Financial Industry.  I lived on my own, and used credit cards to pay rent sometimes and other things. I now moved back home but everything seems broken (appliances).  I worked at a temporary agency and the pay of course not that of when in banking.  I then started a temporary position at an Insurance Company and needed surgery for blood clots, and did not have the benefits I did with banking, nor any benefits with temporary agency, as I used the money to pay other bills.