Need free baby formula and rent help

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Kevin L
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need free baby formula and rent help

Post by Kevin L »

Hi, I'm 23 & a single mother of a one year old in serious need of Rent Assistance and free food for my baby. Haven't paid rent for the month & have no funds to do so. Also my utility bill (for water & sewer) is due & I don't know how I'll pay for that either. The electric company put me on a payment arrangement so that helped me not get our electricity disconnected. I was getting assistance with the SNAP (food stamps) program, but my benefits were cut off this month due to renewal paperwork & baby formula is expensive. I don't know where to go for help & haven't been in this situation before so it’s very stressful & discouraging. If I had gas money I'd find a job but then I'd need daycare for my son. It seems I'm in a catch 22. If there's any assistance available, please contact me by email. Thank you.
VNova

Re: Need free baby formula and rent help

Post by VNova »

Hello, my mother and I are in a very rough situation. I don't know what to do or where to turn. My mother is a terminal cancer patient who is on hospice. She is also a lupus patient for 15 years. Due to both diseases, there isn't anymore treatment she can go thru. I am her primary caregiver. I am currently pregnant, and will be due in middle of 2013. I have done everything I can to take care of my mother the best way I can. We are currently on the verge of eviction and behind on almost all of the monthly bills. I am trying to actually find another place to move due to housing conditions and the landlord will not fix them. I don't feel like this apartment is the safest for any of us. My pets are my greatest inspiration and support. They are a major reason why I have not found another place. But, I would truly be lost without them during this rough time. Also, I particularly don't want to move to an unsafe neighborhood either. I have a lot of things that were given to me due to donations for my soon to be newborn. I still need diapers and wipes and some other major things for her. I don't have any money left in savings for I had to stop working in June to take care of my mother full time. I always promised her I wouldn't put her in a nursing home so I tried my best to keep her comfortable at home. Her monthly disability check paid most of the bills but the medical bills got outrageous. In August I had to decide whether to pay off some medical bills or pay rent. For in August she was still under going treatment. Yesterday I had to put her in a nursing home because she has gotten too much for me to do on my own. I am also a fibromyalgia patient and the pregnancy has taken everything out of me. I applied for a home care independence waiver thru welfare and it was approved to provide in home care for her to.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need free baby formula and rent help

Post by Admin »

Well you need to feed your newborn. That type of assistance is much easier to get then housing. You can try a pantry for free baby formula, call on a soup kitchen, or even a church. Some stores also have giveaways for these items. So you have many places to go to try to get infant formula.
Also, ask them about those wipes and other supplies you referred too during that timeframe. Maybe they can help with those goods too.