Homeless prevention program

Find how to get help with rent
Rachdep1

Homeless prevention program

Post by Rachdep1 »

I have been trying to locate any agency that is suppose to have the stimulus package that is suppose to help pay rent to keep you from becoming homeless for six months now. I can not even get a response. I have even contacted Charlie Christ office, just to find out the website was for other things. Why do they make it so hard to find the information? They put info on what they do, but no way to fill any papers out to receive the homeless prevention and rent help. I feel this stimulus package is fraudlent to lead people to believe their is help, when in reality, you must have to know someone in order to get that help. People I have contacted: Charlie Christ, Catholic Charities, Section 8. No responses! By the time if I can get help, I feel it will be to late! I amof course a U.S. Citizen. I live in bradenton, florida 34207. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless prevention program

Post by Admin »

I know exactly what stimulus program you are writing about. It is the rapid rehousing and homeless prevention. It can provide grants for paying rent for up to 18 months! Not to mention money for security deposit for both rent and utility service, credit and debt counseling, and more.
In Manatee and Bradenton Florida the Salvation Army is running the stimulus program. Call them at (941) 748-5110 to see if you qualify for it, and to figure out the amount of housing and rent assistance you can get from the program.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Rachdep1 wrote:I have been trying to locate any agency that is suppose to have the stimulus package that is suppose to help pay rent to keep you from becoming homeless for six months now. I can not even get a response. I have even contacted Charlie Christ office, just to find out the website was for other things. Why do they make it so hard to find the information? They put info on what they do, but no way to fill any papers out to receive the homeless prevention and rent help. I feel this stimulus package is fraudlent to lead people to believe their is help, when in reality, you must have to know someone in order to get that help. People I have contacted: Charlie Christ, Catholic Charities, Section 8. No responses! By the time if I can get help, I feel it will be to late! I amof course a U.S. Citizen. I live in bradenton, florida 34207. Thanks!
kim.ray12

Stimulus Homeless prevention program

Post by kim.ray12 »

Hello I need assistance because I lost my job this past august and my rent is due on the 4 of October. And I owe my landlord 850 dollars from both this month and to pay for October. i am also trying to go back to school and need assistance with that. I live in Mississippi, one of the states that had a idiot governor who refused the stimulus package and homeless prevention funds and currently I live in Biloxi. We are also being affected by the oil spill so Jobs are getting scarce. I have to wait to see if I qaulify for unemployment and I am suing my employer for vacation pay that I was paid. What can I do to get some assistance? Again my state is Mississippi
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stimulus Homeless prevention program

Post by Admin »

There are a few different agencies and non-profits to call in Biloxi and Harrison County Mississippi. I suggest starting with the The American Red Cross Mississippi which runs a Gulf Coat Chapter, and the office is located at 2782 Fernwood Road in Biloxi, (phone: 228 896-4511). they run different assistance programs, including one for utility bills. they may also be able to refer people to rent programs, and how to get stimulus aid! People waiting on unemployment should be eligible for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _pro1.html
kim.ray12 wrote:Hello I need assistance because I lost my job this past august and my rent is due on the 4 of October. And I owe my landlord 850 dollars from both this month and to pay for October. i am also trying to go back to school and need assistance with that. I live in Mississippi, one of the states that had a idiot governor who refused the stimulus package and homeless prevention funds and currently I live in Biloxi. We are also being affected by the oil spill so Jobs are getting scarce. I have to wait to see if I qaulify for unemployment and I am suing my employer for vacation pay that I was paid. What can I do to get some assistance? Again my state is Mississippi
Little_Smith

Post by Little_Smith »

Well lets see i live with my friend and she is on ssi and all of her check goes for the rent, i have been trying to get a job so i can help her pay her bills, well today the water got shut off and we have the gas,electric bills r due on but we dont have the money to pay and she has two girls to and now we have no water, and i dont know what to do . I heard homeless prevention program was created by Obama.

I am looking for information on any homeless prevention programs available to me (I'm 63 Yrs old and on SSI) that will also help me with a security deposit. I have 1st months rent which is $800.00 but I cannot manage the required one one security deposit. Any help you may be able to offer will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you may get rental assistance from the homeless prevention program, which was created from government stimulus funds. The HUD agency keeps replenishing the fund too, so it is ongoing. Call your local community action agency, Salvation Army, or other non-profits in your area and mention this program. They can help you apply for aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Little_Smith wrote:Well lets see i live with my friend and she is on ssi and all of her check goes for the rent, i have been trying to get a job so i can help her pay her bills, well today the water got shut off and we have the gas,electric bills r due on but we dont have the money to pay and she has two girls to and now we have no water, and i dont know what to do . I heard homeless prevention program was created by Obama.

I am looking for information on any homeless prevention programs available to me (I'm 63 Yrs old and on SSI) that will also help me with a security deposit. I have 1st months rent which is $800.00 but I cannot manage the required one one security deposit. Any help you may be able to offer will be greatly appreciated.
Natural

Post by Natural »

My husband currently is recovering from a traumatic brain injury and his long term disability and ssdi is still in review. I am a full time college student so currently dont work, we need help with our light bill and this months rent so we dont fall behind in that. We currently qualify for 90.00 in food stamps from cit of Raleigh NC but that is it. Anything that can be done to help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Several non-profit agencies focus on rent, foreclosure, and general homeless prevention the the Raleigh North Carolina area, which is also known as the triangle. They can even maybe help with the food crisis you are faced with, as $90 is not much. Find the listing of Raleigh foreclosure assistance and get phone numbers of the non-profits to call for help, such as Raleigh Area Development Authority (919-208-2378), Raleigh/Durham Regional Community Development Group phone 919-688-3381
Natural wrote:My husband currently is recovering from a traumatic brain injury and his long term disability and ssdi is still in review. I am a full time college student so currently dont work, we need help with our light bill and this months rent so we dont fall behind in that. We currently qualify for 90.00 in food stamps from cit of Raleigh NC but that is it. Anything that can be done to help would be greatly appreciated. thank you