How to get into a section 8 property in North Carolina

Find how to get help with rent
Reese
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

How to get into a section 8 property in North Carolina

Post by Reese »

I am currently looking for a 3 bedroom in are near Raleigh NC. I have A Section 8 voucher. Moving for better doctors and a better life for my Austic son with special needs who is 15 and my daughter with a speech impairment; she is 11. I having trouble with coming up with a down payment. Please pray for us and keep me in your thoughts if you have any ADVICE. Thank you.
Lincoln12
anti spam: Blue

Re: How to get into a section 8 property in North Carolina

Post by Lincoln12 »

MY FRIENDS COMPUTER HAS CRASHED SO I AM DOING THIS FOR HER. SHE LIVES IN MIDDLESEX NC. SHE IS ABOUT TO GET EVICTED FROM HER HOME. SHE LOST HER JOB AND HAS NO LUCK FINDING ANOTHER ONE NOT BECAUSE SHE HAS NOT BEEN LOOKING. NOW SHE IS WAY BEHIND IN HER RENT AND NEEDS ASSISTANCE BAD FROM THE SECTION 8 PROGRAM. HER LANDLORD HAS GIVEN HER A VERBAL WARNING.
CAN YOU HELP OR CAN YOU SEND ME AN EMAIL LETTING ME KNOW WHAT SHE KNOWS WHAT DO DO THANK YOU?
MacMac

Post by MacMac »

I am a single mother of 3. I have been going around in circles when it comes to Jacksonville North Carolina.
I was placed on the Section 8 waiting list in 2013 when I was in The Domestic Violence Shelter with my 3 children. My advocate here in Jacksonville North Carolina who is retired now told me once I'm always on the Section 8 waiting list that I will always be on the Section 8 waiting list.
Three weeks ago I was given a phone call from Washington DC and the lady had told me that I would receive a Section 8 voucher and I can go ahead and apply for an apartment and basically I was supposed to receive my voucher from Jacksonville North Carolina. I keep on hearing as I am calling them all the time the Section 8 Housing Authority here in Jackson North Carolina that the waiting list is completely booked solid even when I go to the Section 8 waiting list and I put in my last 4 of my social security number I am no longer in the system. I should automatically be in the system because I am a domestic violence Survivor.
I'm not understanding why this is happening. I was told that I could get some kind of assistance from you guys because it says need help paying bills. I've already contacted HUD and they wants a down payment or a deposit out of my pocket and I'm a single mother. I am not really getting any assistance at all as some places are not taking child support as income to hear and that's when North Carolina you have to have a job and child support the same time to even get into an apartment here.
I've contacted some of the apartments here and they told me that since I no longer have a job there's nothing that could be available to me. I went to work for about three weeks ago and the lady has stated to me that I can't receive child support as well as work first that the state of North Carolina would take my child support and I just started receiving that I am not getting any car assistance or any help from the VA because my ex-spouse was a United States veteran.
My ex-spouse my ex-spouse was the United States Marine Corps for 12 years he is not helping me either because he's not paying child support or anything else. See how is out of the United States Marine Corps in 2012.
I am not receiving any Tricare or anything else of that nature. I'm going into a few Circle. Yes I do need help in getting a place to stay and vehicle assistance as well to please help me. Thank you so much.
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

We are facing imminent eviction. My mother in North Carolina has the money, we just can't get it here in time.
Can you lead us in the right direction to get assistance for section 8 housing in North Carolina? I have a Wife and 5 cats to protect.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

5 cats is a lot, and not sure if a section 8 landlord will accept that. But you can try. Here are details on applying for section 8 in North Carolina.
But if you are facing eviction, then you have other problems too. As you still need to pay rent for section 8 - it is just income based.
HarryS wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am We are facing imminent eviction. My mother in North Carolina has the money, we just can't get it here in time.
Can you lead us in the right direction to get assistance for section 8 housing in North Carolina? I have a Wife and 5 cats to protect.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
Wentz

Post by Wentz »

Hello, my name is Amber on and I'm going to be relocating there to Asheville, NC from Miami, FL with my fiancée and our daughter Sophia! We have been on a waiting list for Ledgewood apartments for almost 3 years now and finally at the end of this long process getting ready to move this coming month and need to get into those section 8 apartmentd. I'm going to be employed as soon as I arrive. On the other hand, for my fiancée he was diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer almost 3 years ago and might have to start treatment again. Our main reason for relocating is due to health insurance, we've had no luck with getting him Medicaid or insurance that covers everything he's needing. There's more resources and help there in Asheville NC to help him with his medical ongoing problems. With all that being said we thought we still had a few months till a move in date wasavailable we're blessed it's come so soon but now stressed and worried if we can't come up with our deposits for rent for section 8 housing and electric they'll move on with their next applicant. I was suggested to reach out to you guys for help! You can reach me by my email or my cell.
Sheppard1

Post by Sheppard1 »

Relocating to Raleigh NC last month and I was able to land a job, but I don't have enough saved up to find an apartment or pay the deposit on the section 8 unit. Is there any assistance for a single female with no kids such as a one shot deal in Raleigh? Like where I can get a one-time rent assistance and security deposit if I can show proof that I can Handel the rent after that one payment? How do I go about that? And where's the nearest office in Raleigh NC so that I can apply for section 8 property vouchers? Right now I'm living out of my car and it becoming harder and harder for me and is straining my work, this job is the only way I'm surviving. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Raleigh is in Wake County, and we have many sources listed. Some can help single women.
If you want one time security deposit help or section 8 housing applications, take a look here. Many resources for Wake County are listed.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ogram.html
We have the phone numbers as well as addresses listed.

Sheppard1 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:43 am Relocating to Raleigh NC last month and I was able to land a job, but I don't have enough saved up to find an apartment or pay the deposit on the section 8 unit. Is there any assistance for a single female with no kids such as a one shot deal in Raleigh? Like where I can get a one-time rent assistance and security deposit if I can show proof that I can Handel the rent after that one payment? How do I go about that? And where's the nearest office in Raleigh NC so that I can apply for section 8 property vouchers? Right now I'm living out of my car and it becoming harder and harder for me and is straining my work, this job is the only way I'm surviving. Please help.