SSDI deposit to move to stop couch surfing

Find how to get help with rent
Turadom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

SSDI deposit to move to stop couch surfing

Post by Turadom »

I need a Deposit and move in. I'm on SDI and have been nomadic/homeless since 2006. After convincing by certain people I know, I can apparently trust in you for help to finally to get an apartment. I passed the application and income requirements, $1000 a month and move in is $3000.
I can afford the $700 but I don't have the move in and it’s a never ending cycle of 1-2 weeks couch surfing and flee bag motels and 2-3 weeks roaming the streets. My dad was air force and mum was navy if that matters. Oh yeah, I'm fixed income, SDI.
MarcoR

Re: SSDI deposit to move to stop couch surfing

Post by MarcoR »

Hi,
Recently I became homeless due to issues with the room I was staying in. We had a disagreement and as a result I was asked to leave. I then was able to move in with a former co-worker, I met him about 4 months ago. Things have been ok for the past few days, but now I am very uncomfortable staying in his apartment.
I sleep on his couch and it is better than when I was sleeping on the street with my stuff and my emotional support dog as I am on SSDI disability. However, recently he has made it clear that unless I do sexual favors, I will not be able to stay here. I will have to go back living on the street and I would prefer not to do that. I have looked online and found some studio apartments and was hoping to get security deposit and first month’s rent help. I have tried shelters, but they are either full or they are not immediately available. I am a 26 year old woman trying to work full time and attend school full time. If someone can help me or direct me towards security deposit programs for people on SSDI disability that would help me, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Superaging

Post by Superaging »

Good Afternoon,
My Name is Rhonda Statuary, as of June 30th I've been homeless and I am on SSDI. Currently staying in Middlesex County either it be couch surfing or sleeping in car I've yet to find a place to call home. I’ve called 211 and was told to call churches and they would put me on a waiting list. I call and leave messages or get the run around.
It’s very frustrating and discouraging.  I’m on the DCA waiting list for SPOA and section 8 but no updates as of yet.  This story goes way deeper on why I had to leave my home.  My 24 year old son is currently addicted to heroin and prescription pain pills.  He had stolen my roommate’s jewelry worth thousands. As a mother I’m not going to turn my back on my son.  With that being said it caused conflict with her and I she asked me to leave.  I fell into such a depression I had my 12 live with his dad until all this is straightened out.   Please if there is anything you can do I would appreciate it. My contact info is below I just want my life back.
LoreyM

Post by LoreyM »

I need financial assistance paying additional security deposit to get off this couch.  Yesterday I received new lease. When I return it to landlord with my signature I have to pay an additional security deposit of   $360.79.  That amount is the difference between the legal allowable amount and my preferential and DRIE amount. (2588.79 - 2228). After I get the lease back  I need to forward it to DRIE to get my award.  I don't  have enough money for food, a couch or  the additional deposit!  Can you help.  Eric
Josette Ciceron

Post by Josette Ciceron »

I am e-mailing you to ask for some rent assistance. I live with my son on his couch and I get SSDI only. I am homeless. I live at Fridley, Mn 55432. I have applied for housing. I need help paying the first months rent and deposit to stop couch surfing. I have some bills to pay and that is why I am in a bad situation. I need personal needs, help to get my Minnesota drivers licenses, small items such as chair, iron, dish rack, dish towels, wash cloths, and kitchen utensils, kitchen table and chairs, and small couch, and a tv.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we doubt SSDI is enough for you to main rent, and to mention pay other bills such as food, utilities, etc. And section 8 has a long wait list in most places. But we do have information on security deposit and moving programs, and maybe they will have ideas for people on SSDI. Look here for moving help for people in a hardship.
Josette Ciceron wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:05 am I am e-mailing you to ask for some rent assistance. I live with my son on his couch and I get SSDI only. I am homeless. I live at Fridley, Mn 55432. I have applied for housing. I need help paying the first months rent and deposit to stop couch surfing. I have some bills to pay and that is why I am in a bad situation. I need personal needs, help to get my Minnesota drivers licenses, small items such as chair, iron, dish rack, dish towels, wash cloths, and kitchen utensils, kitchen table and chairs, and small couch, and a tv.