Want to transfer my HUD voucher

Find how to get help with rent
Ridley101
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Want to transfer my HUD voucher

Post by Ridley101 »

I am a housing choice recipient but not as a disabled qualifier. I am disabled with a chronic physical handicap to which I receive Medicaid and disability. Would it be more beneficial for me to transfer my program status to the non-elderly disabled person program? How can I get assistance with utilities from agencies for disabled on section 8? I would like to transfer my HUD voucher so I can grt better housing choices such as a private home or rent to own mobile home. Is there a program to help me fix bad credit?
Krista

Re: Want to transfer my HUD voucher

Post by Krista »

I live in a motor-home. Parked on the public streets last month. My home caught fire and burned most of the electrical wires, so it doesn't run. I have been having it towed to streets on a little bit of a hill so I can coast it down the street when I get the 72 hour notices to move it. Here's what I need.
I have a friend who is giving me a 1990 Honda Accord. It needs about $300 in minor repairs to get it running again. I don't have enough $ to pay for the parts or the money to pay the registration. I also need rent help, and I am seeking help from HUD. If I could get this car running I can increase my income about 30% - 40% by being able to get to my computer repair and security camera systems business I have.
I could also use some rental voucher assistance. Can I transfer it to the motor home? Because it’s just a matter of time before the police take my MH away from me. Please help I am one of the millions of working homeless and want to have a better chance to get back on my fee. 2.5 years homeless the enough.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some HUD section 8 programs that can be used to transfer a voucher. They take into account the cost of rent in the new city, cover moving expenses, and other needs. They can even help people move to the suburbs, and coordinate transportation to work too. While we are not sure if they cover the fees for a motor home, you can ask. Here is details on the Small Area Fair Market rent program. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _sect.html
Krista wrote:I live in a motor-home. Parked on the public streets last month. My home caught fire and burned most of the electrical wires, so it doesn't run. I have been having it towed to streets on a little bit of a hill so I can coast it down the street when I get the 72 hour notices to move it. Here's what I need.
I have a friend who is giving me a 1990 Honda Accord. It needs about $300 in minor repairs to get it running again. I don't have enough $ to pay for the parts or the money to pay the registration. I also need rent help, and I am seeking help from HUD. If I could get this car running I can increase my income about 30% - 40% by being able to get to my computer repair and security camera systems business I have.
I could also use some rental voucher assistance. Can I transfer it to the motor home? Because it’s just a matter of time before the police take my MH away from me. Please help I am one of the millions of working homeless and want to have a better chance to get back on my fee. 2.5 years homeless the enough.
PrestonJames

Post by PrestonJames »

Hello my name is Rachel and my mom is name is Renee and is borderline with her Section 8 voucher because she only gets a little over $700 a month and not afford a security deposit or the whole thing. Anyway she's transferring her HUD voucher from Vernon housing authority to East Hartford housing authority and only has a certain amount of time before she can lose her Section 8 and even though she has a little bit more time.
I thought I better start helping her out with transferring her HUD voucher, for her mental illness I'm surprised that she's able to do everything that she does like pay her bills and little things like talk on the phone, watch TV but as far as grocery shopping and things like this she leaves up to me so even though I have no clue what to do.
I have to help my mom. You see I have section 8 HUD. I'm going to school so I don't have to be on forever but I can only have her for a certain amount of time as well so she might have to go stay in a homeless shelter or worse on the street me and the Housing Authority inspector Bob are really well acquainted and have been friends for over 10 years and he knows me.
He knows my struggle is my past and how much I do love my mother but at the same time I have kids of my own and I can't risk not having a home for them. Anyway I'm currently on temporary disability - Social Services getting $219 a month in cash and don't have current custody of my kids only because I'm going to outlast time and their dad is trying to help out why I go to school and try to get them a better life.
I don't have a lot of options here and I was scared out of my mind if you don't believe what kind of people me and my mom want that even though she has mental problems and I do suffer with the person we are not bad people and do not do drugs and are trying to better ourselves - me with school and my mom with trying to better herself with her illness. Anyway I'm sorry about the novel. I just wanted you to understand and I'm going to thank God regardless if I can stay out but not for my mom because I know God does everything for a reason but I'll definitely be praying to him that I may get some help with the section 8 HUD transfer. I know God is good and he will find a way thank you so very much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many programs out there for you. Try them, and look for section 8 near you. The local housing authorities will have information on transferring or "porting" a voucher.
They may also have other low income HUD housing suggestions for you and your mom.

PrestonJames wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:04 am Hello my name is Rachel and my mom is name is Renee and is borderline with her Section 8 voucher because she only gets a little over $700 a month and not afford a security deposit or the whole thing. Anyway she's transferring her HUD voucher from Vernon housing authority to East Hartford housing authority and only has a certain amount of time before she can lose her Section 8 and even though she has a little bit more time.

I have to help my mom. You see I have section 8 HUD. I'm going to school so I don't have to be on forever but I can only have her for a certain amount of time as well so she might have to go stay in a homeless shelter or worse on the street me and the Housing Authority inspector Bob are really well acquainted and have been friends for over 10 years and he knows me.