Security deposit for my low cost apartment in Arkansas

Find how to get help with rent
Holly1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Security deposit for my low cost apartment in Arkansas

Post by Holly1 »

I was staying in disabled apartment. The lease was up and did not renew because there were various problems that were not rectified and they were not willing to rectify problem and so I lost my security deposit and I have been moving around from place to place.
I receive SSI but was trying to relocate close to my daughter. I can't stay with her as she won't let anyone stay with her but I need somewhere to go. I am willing to get a job so I can keep apartment. I just need help with security deposit and first month rent. The apartment I think I can afford every month is in Little Rock Arkansas. I am trying to make it on my own without bothering anyone.
Sadness

Re: Security deposit for my low cost apartment in Fayetteville Arkansas

Post by Sadness »

My name is Sarah, I live in Fayetteville Arkansas and for the past 3 months I’ve live in my van, a friends garage, a church paid for a motel and now a lady from another church has paid for my room that ends Wednesday at 11am at motel 6. I need money for the security deposit of a place in Fayetteville. I have a low immune system so due to the covid I can’t be in shelters around multiple people as a common cold turns worse for me.
I’ve found me a perfect little studio efficiency apartment for rent that I know I could afford on my own between my gig work and I’ve also got hired for papas virtual pals calling retired folks an checking on them. The realtor was very nice and told me if I could bring the application in filled an the fees I could most likely move in tomorrow or even the next day and I know I can pass my background check as well. I have $350, the rent is $450 deposit is 400 an application fee is 30, being in an apartment would be far better an cheaper for me and also work towards my almost 2 year old son coming home to me. But I need help with the security deposit, I’ve applied for the emergency rental help, section 8 housing and more in Fayetteville. And now I’m desperate, I know I could furnish the apartment easily through church’s an goodwill but I need assistance within the next less than 48 hrs. Once I’m somewhere settled again I can also reapply for my disability benefits that were unexpectedly shut off.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Security deposit for my low cost apartment in Fayetteville Arkansas

Post by Admin »

Hi Sarah,
While there are of course statewide programs in Arkansas to help with rent or security deposits as people move, there are also local programs for Fayetteville AR. However if you live in your van, can you afford a real apartment? As any rehousing or rent programs will ask and want proof. Regardless, look here for rent help in Fayetteville AR.
Sadness wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:11 am My name is Sarah, I live in Fayetteville Arkansas and for the past 3 months I’ve live in my van, a friends garage, a church paid for a motel and now a lady from another church has paid for my room that ends Wednesday at 11am at motel 6.