Welfare is not paying for our security deposit

Find how to get help with rent
Mrs.Frazier
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Welfare is not paying for our security deposit

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

I am a twenty-one year old with a two year old daughter. Me, my partner and daughter risk being homeless again unless we can come up with a security deposit and rent by the end of August. I am on welfare and receive food stamps, but am at a loss. I don't know what to do or any resources that are available to me. Please help.
Hotone

Re: Welfare is not paying for our security deposit

Post by Hotone »

I'm looking for help and assistance with a security deposit. I'm currently on the section 8 welfare program and my 22 year old daughter and her 3 year old son live with me. I'm downsizing from a three bedroom house into a two bedroom apartment because my other daughter moved out and I can't afford to pay without her help. I'm only working two days a week.
The landlord can only hold the apartment for 30 days. I have a security deposit with my current landlord but it isn't enough to cover the new security deposit. I called the Salvation Army, Ocean Inc., etc. there are no current funds available. Are there any other programs that can help my situation?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Welfare is not paying for our security deposit

Post by Admin »

Welfare rarely pays a security deposit. But there may be other places to try in Ocean County. But if your daughter is 22, she should be working. And why are you only working 2 days a week and not 5? Anyhow the Salvation Army rarely helps, but try the other agencies we have listed for Ocean County New Jersey.
Hotone wrote:I'm looking for help and assistance with a security deposit. I'm currently on the section 8 welfare program and my 22 year old daughter and her 3 year old son live with me. I'm downsizing from a three bedroom house into a two bedroom apartment because my other daughter moved out and I can't afford to pay without her help. I'm only working two days a week.
The landlord can only hold the apartment for 30 days. I have a security deposit with my current landlord but it isn't enough to cover the new security deposit. I called the Salvation Army, Ocean Inc., etc. there are no current funds available. Are there any other programs that can help my situation?