Leaving domestic violence shelter in southern California

Find how to get help with rent
Clansman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Leaving domestic violence shelter in southern California

Post by Clansman »

I am a single mother of a 2 year old and a 3 year old. We are currently at a domestic violence shelter in San Mateo California. We only have 2 more weeks left. They wont help me get transitional housing. My son suffers seizures and asthma. We have been through severe domestic violence and trauma. I don’t have a token to take my son weekly to the doctor. We take the bus daily my kids are scared to be around strangers they are always crying on the bus. I recently got licensed to clean houses. I haven't had luck, do to the fact that I have no transportation.
I have walked hours with kids knocking on doors offering my service. People reject me. I don't know were else to turn. I just want to raise and provide for my kids. They are my world, my motivation, my strength, my life. They are everything to me. For the love I have for them, left me no alternative but it wrote this letter. God knows I’m in need. Please help me with housing and a car I promises ones I get on my feet I will return the car back for another family in need. I don't want to be out in the street my son gets sick easily. Please help me. God bless you!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Leaving domestic violence shelter in southern California

Post by Admin »

Try one of the transitional housing programs in San Mateo. They are a good transition for people leaving a shelter. They may have information on transportation for your kids, help with a job, and more. So the housing is but one part of what is offered by them, and more information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html

Clansman wrote:I am a single mother of a 2 year old and a 3 year old. We are currently at a domestic violence shelter in San Mateo California. We only have 2 more weeks left. They wont help me get transitional housing. My son suffers seizures and asthma. We have been through severe domestic violence and trauma. I don’t have a token to take my son weekly to the doctor. We take the bus daily my kids are scared to be around strangers they are always crying on the bus. I recently got licensed to clean houses. I haven't had luck, do to the fact that I have no transportation.
I have walked hours with kids knocking on doors offering my service. People reject me. I don't know were else to turn. I just want to raise and provide for my kids. They are my world, my motivation, my strength, my life. They are everything to me. For the love I have for them, left me no alternative but it wrote this letter. God knows I’m in need. Please help me with housing and a car I promises ones I get on my feet I will return the car back for another family in need. I don't want to be out in the street my son gets sick easily. Please help me. God bless you!
Inglesias

Post by Inglesias »

Since we are in very bad situation, fleeing domestic violence, we need rent assistance, just for one month. I lost job and I will have surgery on Monday, my husband have very low income 920$ monthly and we have two kids. Our daughter is 17 and our son is 15 and go to school in southern California. If you can help us please e-mail me as soon as possible. PLEASE!
Kathy Jean

Post by Kathy Jean »

I am a 40 year old woman leaving a domestic violence relationship with a 3 group old son. The violence shelter in Southern CA departed us at 1 am in the rain and used an excuse to do so. I have no car no money and we have been lucky 4 nights of 7 to have had a motel paid for. We have to check out at 11am tomorrow. I am awaiting housing and #3 on the list but we need help with safe shelter until then. We would be grateful to have a room paid for or any safe roof that anyone would be willing to help with. Thank you and God Bless. I only have a wifi number.