Find a real apartment and not motel

Find how to get help with rent
Td9aw
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Find a real apartment and not motel

Post by Td9aw »

I live in a weekly motel i clean homes part time and it's been put on hold do to my employer being ill. I am a little behind on rent at the moment and i don't know where else to turn at this time and i have never needed assistance like this till now. I would like to get out of the motel and find a real apartment. I am hoping i get a response quickly so i still have a roof over my head now that the weather is rapidly changing to cold temperatures. Thank you and i hope i hear from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Find a real apartment and not motel

Post by Admin »

There are a couple programs that may help. The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, which is government funded, can do some or all of the following. It can provide free motel or hotel vouchers, and help people find a new apartment. Money can also pay security deposits and/or first months rent. Throughout this process the applicant can receive counseling and advice on where to turn to and where to go for other local housing assistance. More on homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program.

Td9aw wrote:I live in a weekly motel i clean homes part time and it's been put on hold do to my employer being ill. I am a little behind on rent at the moment and i don't know where else to turn at this time and i have never needed assistance like this till now. I would like to get out of the motel and find a real apartment. I am hoping i get a response quickly so i still have a roof over my head now that the weather is rapidly changing to cold temperatures. Thank you and i hope i hear from you soon.
CharlestonS

Post by CharlestonS »

Good day!I happened to run across this page of getting any kind of Rental assistance extra; my husband is out of work for 6 weeks now and I am living on a monthly disability check. The monthly bills are coming in,and I do need to pay some out of pocket medical bills. I have been recently been to my DR and he labeled me as having Asthma here I live in the wrong environment of Arizona having the Dust & Sand, we need to be in Cheyenne, WY or Buffalo, NY (came from Buffalo NY) is their anyone that can relocate us back home? this was a mistake never thought I end up getting Asthma. Hope to hear from you soon!
CadillacXTX

Post by CadillacXTX »

I came from Greece few months ago to work and study here in America. at the moment I'm living at my brother's house with my grandfather, mother, daughter and my sister's family. We are 6 people in this house, with only 3 bedrooms. it's been very difficult for me, my brother and parents live here since we are a lot and we don't have any conditions. Unfortunately, only my brother is working now, I didn't find a job yet and that's why we can't move and rent a house for my parents, my brother and I. Both of my parents are American citizens and my brother and I are legal here too. I just want to know if it's possible to have any financial aid to rent a house so my family and I can move from my sister's house??! Please help me! I'll be waiting for your answer. I'm from Massachusetts, Quincy.
Linag

Post by Linag »

I need help paying my motel rent. I am a single homeless mother of a 6 year old girl. I have called shelters and there full. My names had been put on waiting list. I have used all my money even sold some of my things from storage. I found permanent place to live. I can move in on April 3, 2013. Please help me and my daughter. I don't want to be on the streets. Thank you. Please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you need an apartment in the Quincy MA region and we assume money to pay the rent/security deposit. Most agencies will only provide for people who have been in the country for an extended period, so not sure if you will qualify as far as that goes. However here are the agencies and places to call in Norfolk County Massachusetts. Maybe some of these can help you out. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
JohnstonMary

Post by JohnstonMary »

I am renting from a family member (Have a lease). I just received a notice that the house I am renting will be going up for sheriff’s sale next month. I had no warning of this and have no money to acquire a new place. I don't know what my next move is or how to go about getting help to find a new place to live in Fairfax County, and we don't want to go to a hotel or motel. I am currently unemployed and my family consists of myself, my wife and 4 children (1 is thirteen, the other seven). Any information that could help me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help/information that is provided. (I am a non smoker). The blood clots in my legs and lungs were due to an undiagnosed condition called C & S protein deficiency which I apparently had had since birth, I am just hoping that there may be some assistance out there for a 55 year old with serious medical issues who is struggling to get by with everyday needs. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you may be able to point me toward. Sincerely,
Francine12

Post by Francine12 »

Its my wife and I. We got our car stolen, which had our rent money. We are in a motel right now. W have been struggling to get all of our birth certificates so we can get housing. We are in our car and it was all our stuff so we are starting over again.
It is hard when you don't even have an ID. My husband is working but is not making enough to pay for the rent for us to stay here. We have two little girls and a baby on the way. We are just asking for some help to stay where we are until the 1st of the month. If you could contact us as we have to leave tomorrow by 11:00am.
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

I was evicted from my apartment and now need help to relocate with my daughter and me. I do not start my job until September 15th and unfortunately do not have the funds to relocate so I am homeless right now. I have found an apartment and they are giving me until September 3rd to give them security deposit and I do not want to lose out. I need help with first month and security.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, since the cost of housing in Fairfax County is some of the highest in the nation, not like you can just move into a place. You should try the homeless prevention and rehousing services in Fairfax County. It is a multiple step process to stopping and reversing homelessness, with job placement, income enhancement, coujnseling, and much more given out to help you sustain an apartment.
JohnstonMary wrote:I am renting from a family member (Have a lease). I just received a notice that the house I am renting will be going up for sheriff’s sale next month. I had no warning of this and have no money to acquire a new place. I don't know what my next move is or how to go about getting help to find a new place to live in Fairfax County, and we don't want to go to a hotel or motel. I am currently unemployed and my family consists of myself, my wife and 4 children (1 is thirteen, the other seven). Any information that could help me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help/information that is provided. (I am a non smoker). The blood clots in my legs and lungs were due to an undiagnosed condition called C & S protein deficiency which I apparently had had since birth, I am just hoping that there may be some assistance out there for a 55 year old with serious medical issues who is struggling to get by with everyday needs. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you may be able to point me toward. Sincerely,