assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Find how to get help with rent
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7795
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 am

That is not much money to move into a new Vegas apartment. Can't he live with a friend or move back to Z until he saves that money? If not, look into rehousing type programs in Vegas. Some may have some cash for first months rent or security deposits. Learn more on Las Vegas rent and housing assistance. Call Clark County Social Service at (702) 455-4270. Another effective not for profit for housing help in Las Vegas is Help of Southern Nevada and dial 217-2445.

Olivia12 wrote:Please help me. My son lives in Las Vegas, i live in Arizona. He needs 500 to get into an apartment, he has saved the rest. He has said he is ready to give up, which he has tried before. Im at my wits end. I don't have a job and dont have any money. Please let me know if there is anything you can do for him. Its hard to hear your son is going to maybe due something drastic and there is nothing you can do but tell him that you love him. thank you

Maraschiav
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Maraschiav » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:09 am

Me and my 5 year old daughter do not currently have a residing address. Bouncing back and forth between relatives. I have a full time job that pays well but no landlords will work with me on the Security Deposit and I do not have $1,500 to jump right into an apartment for both first months rent and also security payment. In need of help even if there was a way I could pay back an organization thru the county. I have never asked for help before thru any assistance programs but I am in desperate need like I said. Thank you for your time.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7795
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 am

If you have a full time job that pays well, this is easy. Just save, save and then save as you stay with friends and relatives. Be sure to thank them and pay them a little, but save your money for security deposits and first months rent. Also look into housing and counseling in Sarasota County Florida, as we have dozens of agencies and programs listed. There are organizations like the Salvation Army North Port which can be called at (941) 240-5108. Many other counseling programs are listed on main site too.
Maraschiav wrote:Me and my 5 year old daughter do not currently have a residing address. Bouncing back and forth between relatives. I have a full time job that pays well but no landlords will work with me on the Security Deposit and I do not have $1,500 to jump right into an apartment for both first months rent and also security payment. In need of help even if there was a way I could pay back an organization thru the county. I have never asked for help before thru any assistance programs but I am in desperate need like I said. Thank you for your time.

Jeffrey
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:18 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I am a full time college student studying to be a nurse. I have a catering job, but I work about 4 times a month which does not help me with my bills. I currently live with an ex and him and I split rent. I paid 600 and he paid 600. I decided to move out not only because it is awkward and stressful, but because I just cannot afford the rent. I only have about $150 to my name. My father is sick and cannot work much and my father does not care about me. The only help I get is from my grandfather and thats the money I have in my pocket now. I found a studio that I like and feel comfortable in, but the move in fee is $300 and the rent is $575/mo. As I need to be out of this apartment I am in now by Mid October, which is coming fast. I have no one to turn to. It is hard for me to concentrate on school. I tried to find a job because I really want a new one that is reliable. I just need help with my first months rent and move in fee and maybe a little additional help afterwards until I can get on my feet. I would appreciate it a lot. I am not a lazy woman and I want to do well in school. I do not want this to hold me back.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7795
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:50 am

Anyone going to school and trying to improve conditions is definitely not lazy. Can you stay even a couple weeks longer to save the money for the move and deposit. That may be your best bet. If just unbearable, then find additional rental assistance programs and solutions here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
You may get some help with security deposit, but probably not moving expenses or fees. Those are more difficult to get help with, but you can definitely try.
Jeffrey wrote:I am a full time college student studying to be a nurse. I have a catering job, but I work about 4 times a month which does not help me with my bills. I currently live with an ex and him and I split rent. I paid 600 and he paid 600. I decided to move out not only because it is awkward and stressful, but because I just cannot afford the rent. I only have about $150 to my name. My father is sick and cannot work much and my father does not care about me. The only help I get is from my grandfather and thats the money I have in my pocket now. I found a studio that I like and feel comfortable in, but the move in fee is $300 and the rent is $575/mo. As I need to be out of this apartment I am in now by Mid October, which is coming fast. I have no one to turn to. It is hard for me to concentrate on school. I tried to find a job because I really want a new one that is reliable. I just need help with my first months rent and move in fee and maybe a little additional help afterwards until I can get on my feet. I would appreciate it a lot. I am not a lazy woman and I want to do well in school. I do not want this to hold me back.

BicycleRider
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by BicycleRider » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 am

I am a full time working single parent parent, and attend school part time. I have a deadline to move out of a friends house by January 20th. I am trying very hard to save for my move but am having a very hard time making it. I have found a small apartment for my daughter and i in a good neighborhood. I heard through a friend, who recently received assistance with her rent, that the Salvation Army provides assistance for people who are in desperate need like i am. I am trying very hard to make ends meet and ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated in my time of need. I have enough for my first months rent but im in need of assistance with my deposit which is $900. Thank you so much for your time.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7795
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:01 am

Keep things in perspective, and $500 is not really that much money. Heck he can drive to Arizona and stay with you to save some money. Not that far of a drive. In the meantime, try this for rental assistance in Las Vegas, and call agencies like Help Of Southern Nevada for housing. Many other charities operate.
Olivia12 wrote:Please help me. My son lives in Las Vegas, i live in Arizona. He needs 500 to get into an apartment, he has saved the rest. He has said he is ready to give up, which he has tried before. Im at my wits end. I don't have a job and dont have any money. Please let me know if there is anything you can do for him. Its hard to hear your son is going to maybe due something drastic and there is nothing you can do but tell him that you love him. thank you

Camillia
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Camillia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 pm

My friend (30 years old) & his Dad(70) fell on hard times last year. They fell behind on rent resulting w/ an eviction on 03/20/12. My friends Dad has stage 4 cancer of the pancreases & kidney. He receives SSI Disability ($860. month) my friend's his caretaker ($280-$310. month) . DHSS gave a raise but cut his hours,he's the youngest of 5 & has been caring for & living with his Dad for over 3y ears. Needless to say they have bonded, & love one another and don't like to be apart. My friend had friends in Camarillo who let his father stay in their home from 03/08/12-04/01/12. They need a rental opportunity had come but fell thru. My friend & his dad in a motel ($300 per week) with me. My nephew and I were staying with family when they were evicted 03/13/12. We'd been so friends and family, now the motel. The 4 of us are willing to live together, but need an affordable house. Together we rent from $1950.-2250.00 monthly, minus food, medical expenses, such as transportation, medicines, clothes, and utilities. We've got $1250-1350 for rent. We need help, please. Thanks for your time

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7795
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 pm

It looks like you registered/live in Buffalo New York. If so, then here are the Buffalo area rental programs. Now these focus on rent, but we have a host of other information on agencies, charities, and options for the greater Erie County NY region on the site too. Find the Buffalo options http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/buf ... tance.html then use the search bar to locate more, including medical expenses, transportation, and resources for your dad.

Camillia wrote:My friend (30 years old) & his Dad(70) fell on hard times last year. They fell behind on rent resulting w/ an eviction on 03/20/12. My friends Dad has stage 4 cancer of the pancreases & kidney. He receives SSI Disability ($860. month) my friend's his caretaker ($280-$310. month) . DHSS gave a raise but cut his hours,he's the youngest of 5 & has been caring for & living with his Dad for over 3y ears. Needless to say they have bonded, & love one another and don't like to be apart. My friend had friends in Camarillo who let his father stay in their home from 03/08/12-04/01/12. They need a rental opportunity had come but fell thru. My friend & his dad in a motel ($300 per week) with me. My nephew and I were staying with family when they were evicted 03/13/12. We'd been so friends and family, now the motel. The 4 of us are willing to live together, but need an affordable house. Together we rent from $1950.-2250.00 monthly, minus food, medical expenses, such as transportation, medicines, clothes, and utilities. We've got $1250-1350 for rent. We need help, please. Thanks for your time

Keefer
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Keefer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 am

Hi. I am able to pay rent. However due to my current living situation I am not able to come up with a deposit. I need help with deposit. I make more than minimum wage, however I did not qualify for charity assistance from the hospital for a bill. Where do I go? By the way my kids are grown.
Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Schick
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Schick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Good Morning,
We had unexpected emergency come up this last month and we do not have enough to pay for the rest of our deposit. We live in Seattle Washington and still owe $550. If there is any information you can give me it really would be helpful! Thank you
Getting nervous,

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7795
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 pm

How do you need help with the deposit? Not sure we understand. Did you already move into your Seattle apartment? The landlord let you do that without paying all the money? Anyway, we have extensive information on places to try in Seattle for rent help, and read more by clicking here.

Tebowing
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Tebowing » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm in need of assistance in a security deposit if $700.00. I've currently just gave birth on December 21 and I work but due to my maternity leave my job does not provide any leave benefits. I am on a program for housing but have to provide my own funds for the security deposit. This would be me and my four children's Christmas gift since I was unable to provide them with anything for Christmas. Thank you!

Rachel
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Rachel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm

I am a mother of 2 kids who is trying to move because I really don't have a stable place to stay. I am receiving (TANF) and (SNAP) at this moment trying to move in my own 1 bedroom apartment so I can have a stable place for my family at this moment. I really need help with my security deposit in my first month rent. I will really appreciate if someone can help me at this moment. Thank you.

Charlie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:10 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: assistance getting security deposit and first month rent

Post by Charlie » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:06 am

Hi, I'm looking for help to pay my first month’s rent for apartment in February . I live in Lakewood, CO 80226. And help with getting my medical bill account for my ortho process back on track, so I can get my work done for my teeth. I also need furniture for my new apartment like living couch and love seat and dining room table set and dressers. Please and thank you for the help and the referrals.

Post Reply