Sacramento rental assistance needed for my apartment

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Bellini
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Sacramento rental assistance needed for my apartment

Post by Bellini »

To whom it may concern,
Hello my name is Michael. I need help with keeping my apartment rent paid. I have recently moved up to Sacramento California. i used all my resources to move here for a new job and all was well until I fell. I got hurt, missed work and was hospitalized and found out I had Kidney disease and due to complications and the disease i have been unable to work for almost two months. So I am behind on my rent. I have filed for SDI but i don’t think it will come in time to keep me in my apartment in downtown Sacramento. I am scheduled to return to work on May 30th so I will have income once more but I need help in the meantime. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Sacramento rental assistance needed for my apartment

Post by Admin »

Hi Michael
If you just moved to Sacramento, then your options may be limited. As most programs that help people pay their rent want long term stability, around residency, employment and more. But you can try to apply for help, and we have information here for rent relief in Sacramento.

Bellini wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:56 am To whom it may concern,
Hello my name is Michael. I need help with keeping my apartment rent paid. I have recently moved up to Sacramento California.
Wegerski

Re: Sacramento rental assistance needed for my apartment

Post by Wegerski »

For Sacramento, CA
I'm 62 years old. I was injured on my job and physically can't do that job anymore.
I can't pay my bills or next month's rent.
I'm out of work due to job injury, but they denied my temporary disability.
I have no income to pay my rent They tell me I don't qualify for temporary disability or unemployment.
In the one that worked super hard and paid into the system to support people who WON'T work, but now that I need some help I don't qualify?!!
PLEASE HELP ME! My credit cards are maxed out now, so now I can't pay next month's rent, or this & last month's SMUD, or my insurance and truck payment, or my upcoming phone bill.
I will be evicted by the 3rd of July, I'll lose my truck in one month, & I'll lose my phone and auto insurance on June 22.