Physically move a mobile home

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
Kenna
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Physically move a mobile home

Post by Kenna »

My family & I are being told we have to move our mobile home to no fault of our own. The reason we were given was my son owns it and not the landlord and he can't charge us rent he only collects lot rent. I have a lot on other side of mobile home that is owned by another person. I can't afford to move it. The mobile home also needs repairs..windows..doors...floors..porch..and skirting that we can't afford yet.
I'm the only one working at average of 30 hours a week if my back holds up. I am waiting on hearing date from my lawyer to get disability. I make 9.00 an hour. Takes all I can to try to pay the bills I have. I have 3 sons..two over age 18 and a daughter age 10. My husbands been months trying to find employment. I just don't know how much longer that I can take the pain that I am in. We don't have the money for the repairs or to move the mobile home.
I was wondering if there is any program that can help us. I can't afford to rent a house I would like to being the work to our mobile home will cost so much and its old. Please send me any information that could help us before we lose our only home. I live in Isle Of Wight VA.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Physically move a mobile home

Post by Admin »

Good luck! We highly doubt anyone will help pay to move a mobile home. But you can always try. Maybe try one of the grants that may be out there. As far as the repairs to your mobile home, maybe a low interest loan from a community action agency is your best option there. As those may be an option. Also be sure all your applications to the grants indicate you may have a disability. That may help in your quest.
Kenna wrote:My family & I are being told we have to move our mobile home to no fault of our own. The reason we were given was my son owns it and not the landlord and he can't charge us rent he only collects lot rent. I have a lot on other side of mobile home that is owned by another person. I can't afford to move it. The mobile home also needs repairs..windows..doors...floors..porch..and skirting that we can't afford yet.
I'm the only one working at average of 30 hours a week if my back holds up. I am waiting on hearing date from my lawyer to get disability. I make 9.00 an hour. Takes all I can to try to pay the bills I have. I have 3 sons..two over age 18 and a daughter age 10. My husbands been months trying to find employment. I just don't know how much longer that I can take the pain that I am in. We don't have the money for the repairs or to move the mobile home.
I was wondering if there is any program that can help us. I can't afford to rent a house I would like to being the work to our mobile home will cost so much and its old. Please send me any information that could help us before we lose our only home. I live in Isle Of Wight VA.