Moving from shelter to housing

Find how to get help with rent
ChuckieMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Moving from shelter to housing

Post by ChuckieMac »

I am in desperate need of assistance. I have very low income. I am staying in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. At first I was staying at a Domestic Violence Shelter for 1 month. Now I am renting a small room. I wanted to go job hunting to supplement my income, then my vehicle broke down. Was estimated over 1,100.00 in repairs. My rent here and other bills I have consume my income... Can't afford to catch buses to look for a job. I am helpless, I feel stressed. Please help me, perhaps with resources offering assistance for temporary housing and and auto repairs. I hope you can help me?.
Thank you so very much and God bless.
vianey

Re: Moving from shelter to housing

Post by vianey »

I have a friend that was living there with his girlfriend and her family, well the split up and he is currently staying at the light house shelter there in Bartlesville. He has no family or even friends anywhere near there and I told him that he is welcome here, the problem is that he needs help with purchasing a bus ticket I cannot help him financially because I have 5 children myself. He has cerebral palsy and has a hard time fending for him self in certain situations a heart of gold bit sometimes needs a lot of help. I'm worried about him and hate to see someone I care about in a shelter and in a state with no one. My question is that if you cannot help with a bus ticket can you point me in a direction of someone who might be able to help us? He needs to get out of the shelter. God bless and thanks for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we have information on deposits and rent help. Car repairs are very rare. However, for the Harrisburg region, there are transitional housing, shelters, one time rent programs and more. They will usually have referrals to job placement and employment programs too. You can learn more at our main site. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
Daniels

Post by Daniels »

Good evening,
I have a son who is 9, a daughter who is 7 and another daughter who is 2. I have been a single mom for about 3 years now and up until recently I have taken care of things. I was recently laid off and I am attending school. I moved in with my parents who recently decided to put their hands on me during an altercation and I no longer feel safe and comfortable it has become a hostile situation.
I used the rest of the money I had to pay for hotel and I am out of funds. Is there any resources you might be able to educate me on that would help me with housing so we do not need to live in a shelter? I will say that my children are not in danger but it is unhealthy to be in a home with great tension. Especially when my father has asked me and the kids to seek other shelter. I am not asking for cash directly. I am just seeking guidance or anything I am at the end of my resources.