Financial counseling that understands disability issues

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
PenUltimate
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial counseling that understands disability issues

Post by PenUltimate »

I need a financial counselor who can help decide what a widow should do with the one-time payments she has received. Her income is not enough, but these one-time payments make it hard for her to get the help she needs. Should they be invested? Used up in adding to her house and buying a car? She is disabled and can't work.
I plan to call senior citizen and credit counseling agencies, but don't think they offer what she needs.
thanks for any ideas you have
Judith
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial counseling that understands disability issues

Post by Admin »

I think start with calling a credit counseling agency. If they can't provide that budgeting type advice, then they should know who to call. Find national credit counseling agencies. Most of these have local branches as well of course, but start by calling the national phone numbers and they should be able to redirect you.
PenUltimate wrote:I need a financial counselor who can help decide what a widow should do with the one-time payments she has received. Her income is not enough, but these one-time payments make it hard for her to get the help she needs. Should they be invested? Used up in adding to her house and buying a car? She is disabled and can't work.
I plan to call senior citizen and credit counseling agencies, but don't think they offer what she needs.
thanks for any ideas you have
Judith
Chappaqua Two

Post by Chappaqua Two »

Hello,
I have read the information in the links you provided. But I was hoping for assistance with being disabled and only receiving SSI. Is there a certain place to work with a councilor one on one who can help with my situation. I need financial counseling that focuses on people with a disability like me.
Your website is very informative and helpful and I might be looking for something nonexistent, but being disabled and living alone with next to no income I thought there might be a place for one on one assistance. I also notice your site says you have charities that might can help. Could that be a chance?
Please let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try a disability lawyer. They may have resources for you. Not only around financial counseling but also hop to get SSI benefits, back payments, financial advice and more. In general, they understand issues of disabled people, and look here for lawyers for disability issues.