Single dad on disability had stroke need help

State and local government assistance programs.
Ryanzpc
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single dad on disability had stroke need help

Post by Ryanzpc »

I'm a single dad on disability. I've applied for all kinds of assistance my med take care will not kick in for another 6 months. I had a stroke I do not receive any child support. I also have trouble filling out paperwork but I've been denied for any kind of state aid I have applied for. my medical bills are very high I was denied Medicare and my sons insurance is cancelled because I'll was having trouble filling out paperwork this is all over whelming to me I'm doing the best I can but if someone could point me in the direction there has to be something out there to help people run disability who are struggling to pay your bills and fill out paperwork any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Ryan
Ryanzpc

Re: Single dad on disability had stroke need help

Post by Ryanzpc »

I was denied Medicaid and I'm waiting on medicare for 6months*
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state? What county? Most programs are local. Anyway, try going to a government social service office. People there can usually provide some type of support or guidance. Or call the place from where you received the disability paperwork and ask them for ideas or help in completing the forms. Also try a medical bill advocate. Call the Salvation Army and speak to a case worker. There are many places you can ask for help or referrals. Information on advocates can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... lp_sa.html
Earningsp

Post by Earningsp »

Good day!
My name is Nicholas, I'm a single father and also have a wonderful German shepherd as a sort of second child. After having a stroke a while back, I work in a small town and recently business has not been good and hours cut across the board for everyone. I currently have no finances with rent due ($800) and vehicle issues probably at least similar in cost to rent (car works but hardly). My vehicle being important for work and for getting my son where need be. Anyways thank you in advance for your help for helping a single dad who is on disability from a stroke but also trying to earn a living. I will attach my paystub, this is before my hours were cut so unfortunately I will make even less. God bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you need the car for work, and imply you can't fix it, there are places that will fix a car. Maybe for free or volunteer mechanics. But try that to get your income back on track, and look here for free car repair programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... pairs.html
Earningsp wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:54 pm I currently have no finances with rent due ($800) and vehicle issues probably at least similar in cost to rent (car works but hardly). My vehicle being important for work and for getting my son where need be.