I was served a 3 day to pay or quit notice on the 7th help!

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
keepingthefaith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was served a 3 day to pay or quit notice on the 7th help!

Post by keepingthefaith »

I fear its too late, but i found this site and thought i would try.....my employer who is also my roomate and fiance is in jail and has been for over a month. I since then have not been able to work (he has a DBA and an LLC) we had an antique and book store. He told me to have someone help sell very VERy valuable art etc and they stole them so now not only am i getting evicted i dont have the 300,000$ in assets we had to get a new place. We live in los angeles CA.....i dont know what else to do, my mom paid last month, my rent is 2,400.00 and if i dont pay 700$ by the 17th our storage unit will be auctioned off. any advice? do i still have a chance of not getting evicted ( I was not actually handed the notice it was put on my door)
Covidien

Re: I was served a 3 day to pay or quit notice on the 7th he

Post by Covidien »

I need help paying my rent. I have received a three day notice to pay. I called the company and they stated they will soon start the eviction if I do not pay. I was out of work due to being sick and it has been hard to catch up my bills. I have minor children and do not want to be kicked out.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I was served a 3 day to pay or quit notice on the 7th he

Post by Admin »

There are several programs that can assist with rent payments. Now if you only have 3 days to respond, ask for more time. Or drive to an agency to expedite the process. But you have left little margin for error...you should have asked for help with rental payments way before you got to this point.
Covidien wrote:I need help paying my rent. I have received a three day notice to pay. I called the company and they stated they will soon start the eviction if I do not pay. I was out of work due to being sick and it has been hard to catch up my bills. I have minor children and do not want to be kicked out.