Need Help ASAP with our Electric & Water Bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Tink
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help ASAP with our Electric & Water Bills

Post by Tink »

We are a family of 3. My boyfriend, our daughter, and myself.
We reside in Lee County (Cape Coral) Florida.
Our Electric Co. is LCEC (Lee Cty Florida), and Water Co. is Cape Coral Water (Florida).

Currently at this time we are in Serious hardship with the Water Bill being over $300 dollars behind, while my Boyfriends job is still not running on Full-Time hours. He works 32-40 hrs a week @ $9 an hour. The water is to be turned OFF soon.
The LCEC Electric bill currently is $196.32 behind (one month) with new bill kicking in on the 10th and will be turned off on 10/20/2010 if amount behind is not paid.

My boyfriend is doing what he can to keep us afloat with all bills including car ins, rent, gas to work for him (an hour aday)
commute 1 way. I have been unable to find a job since we moved here March 2010, so I do babysitting on the side. I babysit 2 babies, 5 days a week (1 @ 4 mos. old & 1 @ 6 mos. old)

Our daughter has a heart condition since birth. Medical term...(Right Aortic Arch), and her and myself suffer from asthma which require daily treaments by machine.

I'm afraid of the utilities being turned off. We have turned off ourselves non-essential utilities that are NOT needed.
I'm seeking help from someone. 211 was not helpful and organizations in Lee County Flordia are OUT of funding for Utility Bills.

I'm hoping someone could help me out :cry:
We are good people in a bad spot at this time.

Thank You in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help ASAP with our Electric & Water Bills

Post by Admin »

Many organizations exist in Cape Coral and Lee County to help with electric and water bills. Try the following
The Salvation Army of Lee County (239) 278-1551
Lehigh Community Services 239-369-5818
There are other places listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
While it is true they usually have limited funding and can run out of money, you need to call as many places as possible. Just keep searching and trying. Good luck.
Tink wrote:We are a family of 3. My boyfriend, our daughter, and myself.
We reside in Lee County (Cape Coral) Florida.
Our Electric Co. is LCEC (Lee Cty Florida), and Water Co. is Cape Coral Water (Florida).

Currently at this time we are in Serious hardship with the Water Bill being over $300 dollars behind, while my Boyfriends job is still not running on Full-Time hours. He works 32-40 hrs a week @ $9 an hour. The water is to be turned OFF soon.
The LCEC Electric bill currently is $196.32 behind (one month) with new bill kicking in on the 10th and will be turned off on 10/20/2010 if amount behind is not paid.

My boyfriend is doing what he can to keep us afloat with all bills including car ins, rent, gas to work for him (an hour aday)
commute 1 way. I have been unable to find a job since we moved here March 2010, so I do babysitting on the side. I babysit 2 babies, 5 days a week (1 @ 4 mos. old & 1 @ 6 mos. old)

Our daughter has a heart condition since birth. Medical term...(Right Aortic Arch), and her and myself suffer from asthma which require daily treaments by machine.

I'm afraid of the utilities being turned off. We have turned off ourselves non-essential utilities that are NOT needed.
I'm seeking help from someone. 211 was not helpful and organizations in Lee County Flordia are OUT of funding for Utility Bills.

I'm hoping someone could help me out :cry:
We are good people in a bad spot at this time.

Thank You in advance.
SouthernGirl

Post by SouthernGirl »

Good evening.
I have never asked for help with paying my utility bills, electric bill, water bill, and gas bill, but I find myself in a very difficult situation for this month where I cannot pay those three bills and many other expenses that are due or they will be disconnected. 1. I have a disconnection notice with Ambit in Utah for the 20th of January, 2011 and I will not have the money before then. I called them and they said that I had to pay $105.00 to keep my electricity being turned off on the 20th. I do not have the $105.00 either and they would not work out a payment plan until I paid that amount. 2. My water bill with the city of mckinney is past due in the amount of $100.20. In addition my current Atmos gas bill is past due in the amount of $73.20. I called them and they could not make payment arrangements because I just switched to Budget Billing and they don't allow payment arrangements. If there is any way that I can receive assistance, I would appreciate it
so much. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have never heard of that utility company. But you can try this for Utah assistance programs, and learn more, including heating, electric, and maybe even water. Also be sure to look into emergency or crisis LIHEAP program. So why doesn't budget billing allow payment plans? Maybe switch back to another billing type of that is the only hold up for entering into a payment plan with Utah utility bills.
SouthernGirl wrote:Good evening.
I have never asked for help with paying my utility bills, electric bill, water bill, and gas bill, but I find myself in a very difficult situation for this month where I cannot pay those three bills and many other expenses that are due or they will be disconnected. 1. I have a disconnection notice with Ambit in Utah for the 20th of January, 2011 and I will not have the money before then. I called them and they said that I had to pay $105.00 to keep my electricity being turned off on the 20th. I do not have the $105.00 either and they would not work out a payment plan until I paid that amount. 2. My water bill with the city of mckinney is past due in the amount of $100.20. In addition my current Atmos gas bill is past due in the amount of $73.20. I called them and they could not make payment arrangements because I just switched to Budget Billing and they don't allow payment arrangements. If there is any way that I can receive assistance, I would appreciate it
so much. Sincerely,
engine

Post by engine »

Out of nowhere my boy friend and I received an almost $400 water bill. Out of nowhere and how we pay the bill is the same each month and how we do that is we get the bill from the apartment manager (always delivered 5 days late) and we give him the money. Where it goes from there I have no clue. We are both unemployed and having the worst luck finding a job in Seattle Washington.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you just ask the apartment manager? Also, why are both of you unemployed. The job market in Washington is extremely strong. You just need to ask for proof of the utility bill, then you can look into applying for assistance for it. There are a wide number of utility assistance programs in Washington.