assistance while on maternity leave

State and local government assistance programs.
cat1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

assistance while on maternity leave

Post by cat1 »

Hi,

I am recently not working due to loss of my 9 week old infant. I am a registered nurse who works in labor and delivery, pediatrics, special care nursery and postpartum units. Having used all of my earned time for maternity leave, I have no time to use now. And mentally and emotionally, I cannot return to work right now. Yet I cannot afford to stay home, is there any assistance I may qualify for? Spoke with SSI and they said they don't cover short term disability. My plan is to get to work as soon as I am physically and mentally able, but I've had no income since 12/2/12. I am married and my husband works, but we still have a 2 year old at home, and hospital bills, bills, etc. Can you tell me or direct me to where I might be able to seek assistance during this time? Thank you in advance!
Malawai
anti spam: Blue

Re: assistance while on maternity leave

Post by Malawai »

I am behind on my rent which is 600 a month and electric which is about 200. I am looking for work and will start a job in a couple of weeks as just coming off of maternity. I am living with my Fiancé and he is looking for work also.
He does side work for people but it has been very slow so he only picks up on a few jobs. Its been very difficult for us and we have two children (8 and 12) and I feel so bad that I am not able to provide everything for them. All I can do is pray and press on. I know that God will not leave me or forsake me. We will hold this family together. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: assistance while on maternity leave

Post by Admin »

Oftentimes a community action agency is a good place for short term support. Especially if you are starting a job in a couple weeks, and coming back from maternity leave, the agencies are more likely to provide support. As it sounds like you have a place to keep p with the rent and bills for you and your children. So try them for help, and read more community action programs.