Funds for utilities in New Mexico

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
D Robinson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Funds for utilities in New Mexico

Post by D Robinson »

Heating assistance. My roommate moved out of New Mexico to another state leaving me with all of the bills. Our local energy company is wanting a 350.00 deposit plus my bill of approximately of 113.00. I lost my job and had no income for 30 days until I received my first check from my new job. I can not afford this and can barely make my rent. My rent takes up one entire paycheck right now. I have never had to turn to anyone for help but need help now and don't understand how to get it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Funds for utilities in New Mexico

Post by Admin »

Why is the deposit so high? Did you ask them, or maybe inquire into a payment plan? While we do have information on utility programs in New Mexico, they generally will not help with deposits on a new account. Anyhow, here is more details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ergy_.html
Candy Cor

Post by Candy Cor »

My friend has a Disconnect shutoff notice for tomorrow, Friday. She does not get paid until Wednesday. PNM the electric company here is not giving her any extensions. They want their money now. I'm taking her to a few places. Apply for LIHEAP, Catholic charities, and Salvation Army. Are there any others in my area? Albuquerque, NM that will have funds to help her. She is a single mother. She needs the help, or her electric will be shut off. She just paid has, and nothing left for electricity. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the Albuquerque Salvation Army again, as they should have some programs for you. they usually help with utility bills...provided they have money available. But no one can "get their money now" as you say. Your error for waiting so long to seek help. It takes weeks to get approved and to have money issued for utility bills.
Candy Cor wrote:My friend has a Disconnect shutoff notice for tomorrow, Friday. She does not get paid until Wednesday. PNM the electric company here is not giving her any extensions. They want their money now. I'm taking her to a few places. Apply for LIHEAP, Catholic charities, and Salvation Army. Are there any others in my area? Albuquerque, NM that will have funds to help her. She is a single mother. She needs the help, or her electric will be shut off. She just paid has, and nothing left for electricity. Please help.