Can't pay rent until get back disability settlement

Find how to get help with rent
BeginAgain
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Can't pay rent until get back disability settlement

Post by BeginAgain »

I am behind on rent and I am being evicted if I don't pay my rent this week. My landlord wants $700 now, but am waiting on the disability settlement. My rent is $650. And he has added a $50 late fee to it. And this is for the month of March's rent.
I have a family of 6. My husband has cancer and we are fighting in court for disability. I have been supporting us all for over two years by myself up until last month I lost my job. And am now in the process of getting a new one. My husband has recently gone back to work making minimum wage. The judge told us it would be at least 4 to 6 weeks before we will receive a back check for the disability. But unfortunately we do not have time to wait on that check before we will be homeless. Not one of us has family that can help us for most of them have their own financial struggles. So please I need emergency help paying my rent.
Passion

Re: Can't pay rent until get back disability settlement

Post by Passion »

My husband is a disabled veteran who has been waiting to receive is disability check for 3+ years. He was misdiagnosed and now we have lost our home we owned in Charleston last year that we were renting out at a loss, have our car in repossession and have just been informed that our landlord would like us out because of running behind on rent repeatedly. We have a 4& and 1/2 year old and my husband has a 10 year old boy.
One of our friends said he had a room we could rent until we get the disability check or until we settle on the issue. However, he is having work done on his home right now and we don't think it is going to work out. We have just found a website that tells us where the claim process is at and it says between April and July the claim will be done.
He has severe PTSD, Needs a complete leg reconstruction and knee replacement, along with several issues that are not as disabling. They will owe us a years’ worth of back pay. He will be deemed anywhere from 50% to 100% and plans to go back to school and use his GI Bill to get a career in computers sitting down because he is unable to stand, walk or squat for any extended period of time (has to sit every 30 minutes) to do his old job working on helicopters (where the starting pay is ($25-$40 an hour) or any other manual labor.
Unfortunately, he owes $3000 to the school and cannot get enrolled until that is paid. Once that is paid up then he will have full tuition and books paid and have a housing allowance of approximately $1,200 a month. We are mainly concerned with figuring out a place to stay and keeping our vehicle to get to the many appointments in Atlanta at the VA, in order to put in as much evidence towards the disability claim settlement. I have not been able to get a job due to the fact that he is behind on child support and they took his license and I have to drive us anywhere we need to go. I also take care of his medications and many other needs he has that someone must help him with. Please let us know if there is any help available to help us get through this tough time until we are back on our feet. We are grateful for your time and consideration. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can't pay rent until get back disability settlement

Post by Admin »

If you are 100% sure you are going to get a settlement due to PTSD or some other condition, then since you are a veteran talk to the VA. Another option is to look into short term disability loans, as those can provide some much needed short term cash for the utility bills. But only do that if you are 100% guaranteed of the back pay.
Passion wrote:My husband is a disabled veteran who has been waiting to receive is disability check for 3+ years. He has severe PTSD, Needs a complete leg reconstruction and knee replacement, along with several issues that are not as disabling. They will owe us a years’ worth of back pay.