Need a sober and drug free apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Macie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need a sober and drug free apartment

Post by Macie »

In February I was evicted from my apartment in Souderton, Pennsylvania. I contacted Montgomery County Homeless Prevention and started the process to get aid but then my so called best friend told me her brother recently divorced and is struggling to pay his mortgage and would rent me and my fiancé a room for $150.00 week plus part of the utilities. Originally it was $200.00 a week but since I'm temporarily disabled if I did the house cleaning my rent would be $50.00 and Times ( fiancé) $100.00 equaling the $150.00.

So the first month or so went fine but then my husband lost his job because our mini vans engine blew up. Then the home owner decided to start using heroin on a regular basis, moved three more people into his house all of them shoot heroin!!! I'm five years clean and on Suboxone maintenance. Its a daily struggle to be in this house and for the last week I've been staying with my mother because my step father had a massive heart attack and my mother has a heart condition herself so I'm helping her out. I don't want to return to the house apparently my fiancé fell victim to the drug use going on there as well.

I would like to know if you know of any agencies that can help me get into a cheap apartment with my dog ,cat, and my ten year old daughter? My assistance benefits I believe may be compromised by the people who have been in that house because my food stamps haven't been put on my card this month yet and I didn't get anything saying it was time to renew, so I can only assume that those people have thrown my mail in the trash.

I AM DESPERATELY TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR ME AND MY DAUGHTER BUT IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IS AGAINST ME!! PLEASE HELP!
Aaple

Re: Need a sober and drug free apartment

Post by Aaple »

Hello, I am a veteran of OEF war, and I am in need of assistance for housing. I am currently in the hospital in New jersey recovering from alcoholism, but I want to go back to Florida to continue my education. I served in the Army from 2006 to 2013, now I am in the Army reserve, in Miami Florida that is another reason I need to go back to Florida to continue my obligations, and responsibilities with the Army reserve.
I need help to pay for my security deposit and some months of rent, until I get back on my feet. If you can provide me with the assistance I need, I will certainly appreciate your help. Thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need a sober and drug free apartment

Post by Admin »

Well, easier said then done. Anything free is rare and hard to get. Try talking to your Army base, and refer to SSVF. Also, if you are not drug free/sober, there is zero chance someone will help you pay a deposit or rent. Get your life in order first. Here are more details on apartments that may be rent free.
Aaple wrote:Hello, I am a veteran of OEF war, and I am in need of assistance for housing. I am currently in the hospital in New jersey recovering from alcoholism, but I want to go back to Florida to continue my education. I served in the Army from 2006 to 2013, now I am in the Army reserve, in Miami Florida that is another reason I need to go back to Florida to continue my obligations, and responsibilities with the Army reserve.
I need help to pay for my security deposit and some months of rent, until I get back on my feet. If you can provide me with the assistance I need, I will certainly appreciate your help. Thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely.