Short Term Rent Assistance needed for couple in Indianapolis

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Laura
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Short Term Rent Assistance needed for couple in Indianapolis

Post by Laura »

I am writing this in hopes of getting some more information for a friend of mine. He and his wife have been struggling for some time now. Their house was reposessed and both of them have been in and out of jobs. He is currently working and she is starting a new job next week. He is also in poor health and undergoing lots of testing. The problem is that her first check will not come for about a month. They need money to pay their current rent and their credit is too bad to borrow money. Does anyone know of any program in the Indianapolis, IN area that could help this couple make just one rental payment? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The need is VERY URGENT!

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Short Term Rent Assistance needed for couple in Indianapolis

Post by Admin »

Information on places to contact in Indianapolis includes the following. They may have rent help, funds, or can refer you to other local agencies
The Community Action Agency of Greater Indianapolis, Inc. phone (317) 396-1800.
Another place to try is Catholic Charities Indianapolis, and their phone number is 317.466.0015
Programs may be offered by Hawthorne Social Service Association, Inc., and call them at 317.637.4312. More info on other programs and options are here as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... y_*.html
Laura wrote:I am writing this in hopes of getting some more information for a friend of mine. He and his wife have been struggling for some time now. Their house was reposessed and both of them have been in and out of jobs. He is currently working and she is starting a new job next week. He is also in poor health and undergoing lots of testing. The problem is that her first check will not come for about a month. They need money to pay their current rent and their credit is too bad to borrow money. Does anyone know of any program in the Indianapolis, IN area that could help this couple make just one rental payment? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The need is VERY URGENT!

Thanks