Can Autistic kids get priority for free school supplies?

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
JoshRitter
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Can Autistic kids get priority for free school supplies?

Post by JoshRitter »

My name is Valerie, my husband is an 100% total and permanent individual unemployable Veteran. My family greatly is in need of help not only with school supplies for the upcoming year but we also have no means to get a meal to feed my family. We live month to month and I am unable to work due to taking care of my husband and also my Autistic daughter. We are going after Social Security for Zach but haven't been awarded it yet. We are struggling more than ever this year because my sister and brother in law were hit and killed by a drunk driver last August so I have inherited my 5 nieces and nephews so we really are struggling due to having extra mouths to feed and bodies to clothe and school supplies to buy.
Is there help for Back to school shopping season? And when can we apply for help for backpacks and am I able to include my nieces and nephews? I want to make sure they have a great first school year with us without their mom and dad, but we are unable financially able to give them stuff either with supplies or a meal. And of course, I don't want my biological children to be left out as well. I guess why I ask is because I am unsure if you get a family as big as mine adopted out.
Thanks for your time and understanding. I look toward to hearing from you soon on school supply programs for my Autistic daughter and nieces/nephews so that I know what I have to do as you are our only hope as to saving us.