What places can help pay my rent in Rockville MD?

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Mia Mike
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

What places can help pay my rent in Rockville MD?

Post by Mia Mike »

Good evening,
My name is Brittney. I am currently a tenant at Westchester Rockville Station Apartments in Rockville, MD. I live with my 5 year old son and his father. We have been behind in rent because my son’s father lost his job last year, and since then I had also been unable to work due to a physical disability which limits my ability to work long hours. Therefore, I have had to limit the amount of hours I work per week.
My last job in Rockville decided to terminate me due to this circumstance. We have been running behind on rent, but have always managed to catch up by providing the leasing office with large chunks of money to do so. Management of our community decided that starting April 07, 2024 of this year, they wanted to offer us a month-to-month rental agreement rather than renewing a full lease with us. We agreed to do so, but still struggled to pay rent. We have received several court notices but each case had been dropped.
They recently provided this notice to us (attached in this email), stating that we need to be out of the unit by June 30, 2024. We do not have anywhere to go here in Rockville and we are struggling with funds, therefore, it will be difficult to find a new place to live in that amount of time. I also worry with my 3 year old son, and me having a disability how we will manage. I am seeking help with rent assistance or anything I can do so that my family and I can stay in our apartment. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.