Need a list of housing resources in Genesee County

Find how to get help with rent
Elijah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need a list of housing resources in Genesee County

Post by Elijah »

I am 65 years old, live in Flint MI, and I have found myself in a situation where I need assistance paying a security deposit for a housing rental. I may have enough to pay rent, however, I cannot pay a deposit.
I am scheduled to move from my current apartment by April 30th. I have to move because I cannot afford the rent. I was sharing the apartment with another tenant and they are moving out, so I must move too.
I am hoping there are resources available in Genesee County to help with this expense.
Lo Valdez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need a list of housing resources in Genesee County

Post by Lo Valdez »

Hello --
Myself and My 6 year old are currently at a shelter in Flint Michigan Fleeing From domestic violence. We have until Oct 9, 2024 here at the shelter, and our 45 days is up. If housing somewhere in Genesee County doesn't come through before then we will be out on the street. We have the clothes on our backs, a few totes and bags of belongings, no vehicle and very limited current income. I have applied for public aid and my section 8 voucher is being ported from out of state. The Waiting process is long. What options and resources are available to us for housing in Genesee County?
Any information is appreciated.
Thanks for your time --
Amanda