Caregiver resources to help me with the bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Mark Milley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Caregiver resources to help me with the bills

Post by Mark Milley »

Hi, my name's Jessie. A little about me and my situation. To start, I'm a mom to a vivacious, sweet but also sour little 3 year old girl names Paisley. In the middle of this pandemic my options for financial help/ideas on what to do and where to go from here have came to a stand still, so I got a job as a low wage caregiver. The very beginning of covid I was working as a CNA, as a caregiver for an elderly family friend.
In regards to her age and situation surrounding the pandemic the uncertainties of covid affected her and in return my job. She was scared of germs coming into her home and the possibility of her getting sick. This abruptly caused me to lose my job, and unable to receive unemployment due to working as a caregiver personally In her home made it not possible for me to collect UC. After months of no income I found out about PUA, I was able to be approved for PUA less than 6 months back. I was able to collect a few checks and the program ended 12/26 and living in the state of Pennsylvania they have yet to reinstate PYA, and are giving no timeline when it will be back up and running. It has been a month so far since I've received assistance from PUA.
This has put me in a very unstable and emergency situation regarding my financial situation and causing immense stress and worry from little income from a caregiver and being a single mother. I have spent days researching programs etc but to not prevail have I found anything. I'm in a serious situation in regards to losing my transportation due to not being able to afford my car payment, phone bill etc. I currently live with my father and are not at risk of homelessness but have responsibilities for chipping in with bills and food etc.
I'm currently unable to do so and causing issues for my dad now as well. If their is anyway you could give me some insight on where to go or what to do from here I would very much appreciate it. If you are not able to I still appreciate the time you've took to read this. I've never been in this situation before to know about any help out their or organizations, programs etc. that can possibly help single mothers who do not make a living wage as a caregiver. I currently get a small amount of child support, and food stamps but my bills exceed them. Without getting my UC I'm not able to move forward and afford the things that me and my daughter need. Thank you for any assistance, and god bless.