Salem Oregon money needed for rental housing

Find how to get help with rent
Whisper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Salem Oregon money needed for rental housing

Post by Whisper »

I hope this letter finds you well. I am reaching out to you today to request financial assistance for my current housing situation. I recently made the decision to relocate from Pendleton, Oregon to Salem, Oregon, in order to improve my circumstances. However, the transition has not been as smooth as I had anticipated.
As per the requirements of the Section 8 program, I followed all the necessary steps to secure a new residence in Salem. I found a suitable house within the standard rental amounts, provided 30-day notices to both my previous landlord and the housing authority, and informed the prospective new landlord that I would be moving within 30 days. I made sure to have all the funds required for deposits and first month's rent.
Unfortunately, unexpected delays have arisen in the process. I am currently awaiting a Section 8 meeting in Salem and an inspection, which I am responsible for covering all expenses until it is approved. This has put me in a difficult situation regarding the upcoming month's rent and the timing of these events.
I am currently employed in Salem Oregon and have already started the onboarding process for my new job. However, I am unable to cover the rent of $1950.00 due on the first of the month. My hope is that in May, the inspection will have been approved and my Section 8 assistance will be activated by June 1st.
In light of these circumstances, I kindly request your assistance with rental expenses for May. The payment can be made directly to my landlord. I can provide you with any necessary documentation, including proof of my upcoming Section 8 housing appointment, rental agreement, and proof of my employment status.
Thank you for considering my request. Your support would be greatly appreciated as I navigate through this challenging period. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you require any additional information or documentation.
Asher
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Salem Oregon money needed for rental housing

Post by Asher »

We will be homeless in the next few days, and have small children. I have court tomorrow in the city of Salem with my local housing authority over an eviction. The eviction is due to non-payment, which was due to a domestic issue (not my husband). I've tried to work something out with my landlord, to no avail. We've been trying for weeks to find somewhere to go.. zero luck. Voucher wait list is 2 years, and we can't seem to find anything we're eligible for. What do we do? We are currently located in Salem Oregon but looking to relocate due to a domestic issue that is a safety risk to me and my children. It is me, my husband, and 3 children, ages 3, 7, and 8. Thank you for your help.