Find how to get help with rent
Trumper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help with first months rent and security deposit in DC

Post by Trumper »

Greetings,
My name is Marissa and I'm contacting you today because I have an urgent situation. I am seeing if you have any financial emergency assistance for my relocation efforts from California to DC. I have been struggling since graduating from college to find work and I was finally able to secure a teaching position in Southeast, DC. I am desperate because the first day of work for teacher training is set for August 1, 2024, and the latest, I can be in DC is August 4, 2024.
Although I have spoken with the company about potential relocation assistance and for rent in expensive DC, they said they cannot give me anything until I am in person. I am a first-generation American, college student, and worker. Currently, I work for Instacart as an in-store shopper, and I have no savings for this move.
I am prepared to sacrifice once I arrive back in DC, however, it's the getting back there that I have just completely run out of options. I do not want to forfeit the job opportunity due to not having money to move or pay the up front rent and deposit costs. Now I am seeing if you can help me. I need emergency financial assistance in order to :
Buy a one-way plane ticket from California to DC
Pay a Security Deposit on an apartment
Cover 1st month's rent (additional sign-on fees)
Utilities
JennyMay12

Re: Help with first months rent and security deposit in DC

Post by JennyMay12 »

I am in need of some help to move in DC. I have been in a extremely violent relationship. I have made several attempts to leave. It's physical and emotional violence. I have several police reports. The most current one is Monday. I am now homeless due to him as of today. I tried to leave and got a hotel. He found out where I was, he banging on door making threats resulting in him busted the window out of hotel. Since the room was in my name they wanted me to pay for it. My room was paid up to Friday that was all the money I have. Now I have no where to stay or no money to pay the rent or landlord deposit for an apartment. No one to help me in DC so I don't know what to do next . Is there anyway to assist me?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with first months rent and security deposit in DC

Post by Admin »

Hi Marissa and other inquiry.
There are several places in DC that focus on giving rent relief. We are not sure if they will help you with a move from CA to DC, or the deposit needed for that move, but since you have a job lined up that may qualify you. But find the DC programs at this link that may help you both with your rent. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ce_dc.html