Seeking rent assistance in Asheville - where to go?

Find how to get help with rent
AJ Hershel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Seeking rent assistance in Asheville - where to go?

Post by AJ Hershel »

My name is Joy. I have a friend who lives in Asheville NC and has had some bad luck this year and needs help with her rent and bills. Her and her spouse decided not to get any child support as they wanted to spend money on a child who would not have a home to live in. A week or so ago she was laid off from her job in for the city of Asheville NC and now they are down in there luck for sure. Earlier this year they lost there home in a electrical fire and had to move to an apartment with monthly rent due. I just want to find a way to maybe at least get them help. I would also like to find a way to get them some groceries as well. Is there any way you know of to get this to someone who can help with their rent cost, food and bills. If so I would like to just send it directly to them anonymously.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Seeking rent assistance in Asheville - where to go?

Post by Admin »

Hi Joy,
That is great of you looking out for a friend. As far as the places that help pay rent in Asheville and Buncombe County, we have several listed such as ABBCM, Hominy and others. Also if the husband is not paying child support look into the legal aid too, and find all those rent and housing resources here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ville.html
AJ Hershel wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:12 pm My name is Joy. I have a friend who lives in Asheville NC and has had some bad luck this year and needs help with her rent and bills. Her and her spouse decided not to get any child support as they wanted to spend money on a child who would not have a home to live in.
Levi

Post by Levi »

I am looking for someone to help me provide rent help for an apartment for my two girls and three boys. I have never been in the position to need help and I have never had to ask for any help. I am not sure if this is how I reach out for help or not. I am in Asheville North Carolina. We currently live with a friend of the family as well considering we lost our house shortly after the covid quarantine was over.. I am trying to work but our vehicle is currently down and I am doing the best I can with what I have to get the money for rent on a new place. Not having family down here to help me and knowing only very few people. I am not from Asheville originally so I hope this email gets to someone who can help God bless you
Yuto

Post by Yuto »

Yes I would like to inquire about help for a single veteran who has just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer! He needs immediate assistance in paying rent that has falling behind because he is going to get to most treatments at VA in Asheville. Please contact him to give him good news that you can help him out with the rent. I'm sure he would start crying and say God bless you. Sincerely caregiver Betty