Need resources for the low income in Oklahoma City?

State and local government assistance programs.
Levi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need resources for the low income in Oklahoma City?

Post by Levi »

I am requesting a list of local agencies and resources for a friend of mine, a 67 year old female, in Oklahoma City who is in need of financial help. She is currently on disability, has multiple health issues, one which requires her to have oxygen nearby, has been hospitalized within the last month, lives by herself, has pets and is renting a house. The house was owned by her sister and brother in law, but after her sister had a stroke 4 years ago and with her brother in law incarcerated, taking care of her sister with no financial help took priority and the annual payment to the IRS for back taxes became harder to pay each year, leading to the loss of the house.
Luckily, the company who bought it has allowed her to stay in Oklahoma City and pay rent monthly. But going from 2 incomes without monthly rent due to one with the addition of the monthly rent cost to the rest of the bills, she is in dire straits. After the bills are paid, she has no money for food for her or the 2 dogs and 1 cat or anything else she needs like toilet paper and hygiene products. She cannot afford car insurance and therefore, cannot pay to register her car and get the tag up to date. She has to take a big risk to go to the local dollar store for things like laundry or dish soap.
If you could please email a list of any resources from organizations, charities in OKC, companies, programs and local resources that may be of assistance for any of the things mentioned above for my friend, I know it would be of great help.
Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need resources for the low income in Oklahoma City?

Post by Admin »

Hi
We have a list of resources for both the city and county of Oklahoma City. There are also programs for seniors as that seems to be a need here too. There is financial help for anyone who qualified in OKC (based on funding). Look here for financial resources in Oklahoma City.

Levi wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:17 am I am requesting a list of local agencies and resources for a friend of mine, a 67 year old female, in Oklahoma City who is in need of financial help.