Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Newday
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Post by Newday »

I Moved here from Azle, I have two jobs, UPS in Arlington. I don’t get paid until next Friday and I have no gas in my car. If I don’t go to work Tuesday today, they are going to fire me. I don’t have a gas in my car but I get SNAP food stamps with my EBR card. No one will help me with $10 for gas. Are you going to help me with $10 for gas? I lost $180 yesterday not working. I am trying to make it on my own. I got my food stamps cut but still enough to pay for gas if that is possible. I don’t have Medicaid. I am retired, and Social Security retirement disability because I broke my back at 52. Now I am coming out of retirement. I don’t have gas money to go to A good paying job I will get paid next Friday! I will lose my job because I don’t have gas money. No one will help me. My Social Security check is only $1000 my premium for Medicare is going to come out of that thousand dollars I will have $700 on Friday to pay me $1060 a month rent. No one will help me
Sophia1

Re: Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Post by Sophia1 »

Hi, my name is Tauna. I have been recently abandoned here in Utah. My husband up and left me here without anything, anyone, no money, no gas, no phone. I just have my benefits cards and EBT debit card. He had us come up so we could better ourselves. Then when I borrowed money to get us here to pay for gas. And we were here a couple days. He left me here without any family, any money, and no food, no gas but what was in vehicle 1/8th tank. Can I use the EBT to get gas and where?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Tauna (and the other request above),
You can't buy gas with an EBT card / SNAP. But there are some other places that may give free gas on a debit card, voucher, coupon or something else. In general, it is for work reasons though, but read more on free gas for a car.
Sophia1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm Can I use the EBT to get gas and where?
Sami Parker

Post by Sami Parker »

Good Morning!
I am sending this quick email to see if you have any assistance programs that would help with paying some or all of our bills, including as for a job.
My husband has be working part time since Covid and we are not able to make our rent payments due to bills, household expenses, food, gasoline, and other payments we have. We have an EBT card but it does not due much.
I am reaching out to you to see if there is anything available for us in help get back on track with our bills, and what can we buy with EBT? Will the feds allow us to get our gas we need for our jobs? We have not been able to make a payment this year.
Please, any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Angie