I was married for a green card then partner left scammed

State and local government assistance programs.
Bluetooth
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was married for a green card then partner left scammed

Post by Bluetooth »

I’m writing to ask if you can please help me in my time of need. I met my husband online and he in effect scammed me. We got married only for me to find out he married me for papers and a green card. I found this out from a friend who told me one day to warn me of the scam.
When I confronted him, I came home from work and he and all his things were gone. I don’t have any family or friends here that I can turn to. Now I have Covid and can’t work I need help paying my rent,
I do work as a caregiver but can't work until Covid is gone so that’s the problem I’m having right now. Now since my husband left me after he got the green card I am out of options.
Thank you.
Marian
CrackheadBob1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I was married for a green card then partner left scammed

Post by CrackheadBob1 »

Hello my name is Jamie. I have a friend, who married my family member to get a green card (and she is now my friend) that has had their electric cut off because of not being able to pay the bill. He works when he can but hadn't been able to in the last couple of weeks because of rain (it's an outside job). My sister who he married for a green card is struggling too. He is low income but not elderly. Just having a hard time right now. If you could possibly give me some information on getting hep for my sister and her partner I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.