Outdoor wood furnace broke

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Dragon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Outdoor wood furnace broke

Post by Dragon »

Our outdoor wood furnace is 20 years old and started leaking about 2 months ago. The leak has grown from a small drip to a steady drip rather quickly. In my household is my wife and our 5 children. We recently moved her in August and I have only been able to find part time work. The Woodmaster dealer in the county has quoted us a new furnace around $15,000 and we have no where near those funds. With winter approaching we are concerned the furnace will fail completely. Is there any assistance that you can provide?
I am trying to help out a friend who does not have a working wood furnace too, so this request is for 2 of us. My understanding is that he had someone out there to look at the furnace and they told him it could not be repaired. He was told it needs to be replaced and the cost is $8000.00
He is deaf, living on social security or disability and cannot afford that.
Thank you.
Marthester5

Re: Outdoor wood furnace broke

Post by Marthester5 »

Dear Sir(s)/Madam(s),
My house is in Springfield, MN 56087.
I am writing this letter because the outdoor wood furnace in my house has not been working for over two months.
We called the heater, and they said that we need to pay for around $5,000 to replace a new one. We do not afford that money. Now, the weather is very cold (in Minnesota in this month around 1F to -15F) and we need to use the mini electric furnaces for each room. And the result is that our Utility Bills increase double from around $200.00 to $400.00 due to the loss of the wood furnace.
In brief, we would like to make our furnace run again to pass this cold weather.
Thank you very much while we are waiting for your reply.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Outdoor wood furnace broke

Post by Admin »

While there are programs to fix a furnace (weatherization, LIHEAP, etc.) as well as charities, we have no idea if they cover an outdoor unit. Whatever that even is. As shouldn't a furnace be indoors? Regardless, look here for places that fix a furnace for free.