Homeless in Hawaii

Find how to get help with rent
Macromedia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Homeless in Hawaii

Post by Macromedia »

Aloha,
We are located on Oahu Hawaii and have been homeless since September 9 2021, we are hanging in there and our savings and funds are depleting extremely quickly.
I've applied to Domestic Abuse, OHA, OneOahu, Catholic Charities, Key Project, Liliuokalani fund, Hui O Hauula, Acts of Random Kindness, Pilina Fund and have been awaiting for guidance and support. I have been denied rental assistance due to child support income being too high apparently. I have applied twice to several agencies and the outcome is a denial.
A wonderfully positive note: As of November 23, 2021, we did get approved for Snap food allowance which has been a tremendous help and relief.
My daughter whom just turned 7 years old and my service dog a well-trained Maltese, Daisy is 11 years old. We have endured a lot of abuse and I have settled two legal cases as of May 2020, one under confidentiality for my very young daughter sadly.
Upon loosing our rental home lease on 9/9/2021 due to the owners wanting to sell, and Pua unemployment just ending on that same week. I've also been homeschooling my daughter since the beginning of the pandemic as well. I've been left with a very hard situation in applying for practically anything.
While applying to rental assistance programs in Hawaii for homeless people, waiting and hoping for help, we opted to try out Arirbnb recently turned out to be a complete disaster and tremendous traumatic running from harassers and stalkers. My identity was compromised and we are truly exhausted.
We have currently been hotel jumping trying to remain safe and healthy. The recent Airbnb incidents have again added a tremendous overload of emotional mental strain that I am doing my ultimate best in keeping my spirit and energy alive for my babies, our wellness.
A social worker was suppose to call me or email me back two weeks ago, perhaps the extreme need in the pandemic is overwhelming and I've tried to reach out over and over in emails. I keep reaching a dead end, or calls of support that are not followed through. I am remaining hopeful and keeping ourselves safe all the while we look for homeless resources in Hawaii.
I'm applying to affordable housing programs on all Hawaii islands now, highly considering moving to any island that may offer a safe and secure place for our needs especially with a service dog.
Please, If anyone can suggest any helpful information or methods currently available in the Pandemic, please let us know.