Saint Vincent de Paul Society extended stay

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
RalphLauren
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Saint Vincent de Paul Society extended stay

Post by RalphLauren »

Dear Representative:
I am writing in request of financial assistance from the Saint Vincent de Paul Society. Your organization provides a service to help people that are in need.
I have written several letters to various social services organizations as well as national foundations in hopes of obtaining some support for an extended stay, and now I am checking with you at Saint Vincent de Paul Society. These include the Serena Williams Foundation as well as other domestic violence related affiliations.
Most non-profit groups do not seem to have much funding available at this time. I seem to be given referrals to similar organizations that can provide little or no financial assistance. I have been attempting to find other sources in the community to assist me with my current circumstances. (Please note that I am single woman over 55 years old. There are not that many resources available for individuals over a certain age.)
I am not ashamed to say that I am a domestic violence survivor. I was in an abusive relationship for almost five years and I know Saint Vincent de Paul Society has programs for DV people like me, maybe even an extended stay hotel room or housing.
My former boyfriend has been imprisoned for several months. He is facing felony charges as well as other pending cases. The man in question is still in jail. However, I am not sure how long he will be incarcerated. It will depend on the upcoming legal proceedings.
I was required to give a written statement at a hearing that took place in December. I am not sure if I will have to testify at another arraignment hearing scheduled in late January. At least three more hearings are taking place during the month of January.
I do not know what the outcome will be for these pending cases. A jail sentence could be either less than a year or possibly longer than two years. It will depend on what a judge and/or jury determine after hearing the evidence.
As a result of the situation, I have had to remain at an extended stay hotel. I did not seem to have much choice.
I would like to inquire if your organization, Saint Vincent de Paul Society, would be able to provide payment towards expenditures for the extended stay hotel. Additional details about any available financial assistance would be helpful as a reference.
Hotel accommodations are approximately $375 per week / $1500 per month. Any amount would be helpful to reduce the overall cost.
Please note that an administrative assignment with a local company has just been completed. There is no other work available with other staffing services as yet. Unemployment benefits will not provide enough income to meet basic monthly expenses. I have also been submitting applications for job opportunities with different companies in the Boulder/Denver area. I have not had any interview meetings with any potential employers. I do not know if or when I will be hired for another position.
Referrals for other housing options would also be appreciated instead of an extended stay from Saint Vincent de Paul Society. My understanding is that most of the waiting lists are up to two years.
Let, me know more information whenever you get a chance. You are welcome to contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached via my e-mail address at aliscum@yahoo.com. If you prefer, you can leave a message on my cellular phone.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
B Side
anti spam: Blue

Re: Saint Vincent de Paul Society extended stay

Post by B Side »

To whom this may concern:
My name is April and I currently reside in Mandeville, LA and I need an extended place to stay I have two daughters and I have recently fallen on hard times and I need a little help getting back on my feet in an extended stay. I was displaced from Hurricane Ida and now I cannot afford to buy gas to get to job interviews and my families utility bill is 32 days past due and they are going to cut our power off tomorrow. I did not know which numbers to press for the prompt on the phone for St Vincent De Paul. I was told to contact you by catholic charities. Please let me know if there is anyway that you all can help us. I hope you have a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Saint Vincent de Paul Society extended stay

Post by Admin »

Not sure if Saint Vincent will help with an extended stay or not, but they do have many services in Louisiana. Or maybe help you find shelters, transitional housing, or other places to stay. Look here for more details. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... e_pau.html
B Side wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:24 am To whom this may concern:
My name is April and I currently reside in Mandeville, LA and I need an extended place to stay