Confined to wheelchair and homeless

Find how to get help with rent
Bellini
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Confined to wheelchair and homeless

Post by Bellini »

Hi. My name is Caryn and I am on the verge of being homeless.
I am in a wheelchair and have 2 boys.
I lived in Tillamook from 2016 to May 2021.
I left OR to go to Utah and care for my mom who passed away in 2021. After our lease came up we decided to come back to OR. Rhett came months before me and I have been here since Aug of 2022.
I currently live in someone else's home in a 10x10 wheelchair friendly room with Cody that I rent for way to much. We do have our own bathroom but the rest is "shared" space. I only came with blankets, clothes and a few items because at the time, I wasn't able to bring my stuff with me due to lack of storage units.
The owner of the home lost her job shortly after my arrival and has decided to sell this property. So I will be homeless, with my kid, and confined to a wheelchair.
My time here has been a challenge. The owner claimed to be ADA accessible and even though she does have a ramp, I am trapped inside unless Rhett helps me because the gravel driveway has been breaking the front wheels of my chair. Also, there was another person who lived here and I felt unsafe because of her dog and her temper.. These two things caused Cody to start wetting himself and the bed.. She did move out but then there is the owner who is unpredictable in moods.
From the moment I left to take care of my mom we have been through hell and back.
All hope seems lost.
I am on waiting lists all over but wheelchair accessible or even ground level apartments don't come up often.
I have reached out to some agencies and they haven't been able to help me before I am homeless. Maybe I'm missing something here. I am embarrassed to do this and as hard as this is for me, I decided to reach out to the community in hopes someone can help me before it's to late.
I can't live in my car due to my disability, chronic pain, UTIs, my depression and Cody's daily needs.. I understand that this is odd or out of the norm but I am scared for our future and what it holds.
I will never know if there is a miracle out there if I don't try.
Thank you for your time.
Caryn