Free legal help to stop an eviction from public housing

Find how to get help with rent
Ditka
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Free legal help to stop an eviction from public housing

Post by Ditka »

Hi,

I am in need of assistance with my rent, and possibly legal help with an eviction. I live in public housing and feel as they have miss led me into believing if I completed the required paperwork they would adjust my rent to where it should of been months ago. However, when speaking with them at my eviction court hearing.. they made it clear they never were going to adjust the rent and even though I live in public housing. So I need the lawyer, for free, to advise me.
AND MY RENTAL MANAGER has been telling me it would be adjusted... rent is suppose to be based off of my income . For the last year since I reported to them that I lost my job and have no income they raised my rent from 100.00 to 781.00. They led me to believe my rent would be adjusted and the rent would be pro rated to the amount it should be at. And I have emails proving I did everything that was asked of me, and completed the paperwork as requested.
Because of this my rent that I owe is at 10,000.00 to the public housing and I need legal aid with. They wanted to only give me 7 days to pay 10,000 and I currently have no income coming in. Thankfully because I requested an attorney the courts rescheduled my hearing to Jan 12th, 2023. So by Jan I have to figure out how to pay 10,000 in rent otherwise me and my daughter will be out on the street cause I have no where to turn, or no one I can move in with. Or if an attorney can present my case to the judge and get the amount lowered or brought to 0 since I am being treated unjustly by public housing. I have most of our correspondence documented where it shows I was doing everything they asked...
I'm so stressed, and depressed because of this. I'm a type 1 diabetic, And am struggling with my health which none of this extra stress helps at all. I live in MN. I have been requesting financial help through the county but they denied me because of how much rent I owe now. And other places I have contacted are telling me they do not have the funding available. I really need help. I have never been this low in my life and it's hard to ask for help especially when your turned down. I'm a good person just trying to keep me and my autistic 16yr old daughter afloat. I wouldn't ask for help if it wasn't my last option. But it is, and I truly need help from a free lawyer so bad.
And of course it at the perfect timing when it's Xmas. I will not brake to give my daughter a good Christmas this year. It breaks my heart. .
Any resources will be greatly appreciated at this time
Adam
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Free legal help to stop an eviction from public housing

Post by Adam »

Hello. My name is Melody I found many documents for free legal help programs but I could not find an application for them so I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. My boyfriend and I have been living together a year now in public housing, and we need legal to stop the eviction. The company he has worked for the past 6 years does pipe line, housing rentals, construction and a few other things. They hired me after we got together for cleaning, landscaping and helping him with remodeling and maintenance assistance. Unfortunately he attacked me 2 weeks ago and a few days later did it again and is now in jail.
The bills were coming out of his check. Rent was $438 and we had water bill also come out and was not charged for power. Since I had him locked up they now have fired me and rent is $650 and I have to get water and power put in my name. I owe $412 for March rent, $68 water (new bill came yesterday they said) and power $121. May st is a few days away.
They know I am struggling especially since I was illegally fired and they want to evict me from the public housing if I can't pay. I don't have anyone to go to since my family has passed away. Can you please help me figure out where to go because I need help today. Thank you for any help and I look forward to hearing from you.