Filipino immigrant married to a veteran

State and local government assistance programs.
Clinicshipper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Filipino immigrant married to a veteran

Post by Clinicshipper »

I am a 41 year old Filipino/Caucasian American, wife, and mother, former social worker/case manager, certified health care worker, recovery coach, and so much more. I am verified on IDme.com as a family member of several branches in the military also as I am married to a veteran. I became officially disabled due to a non conventional cervical spinal cord injury after last a month, 3 different Emergency department visits, 2 inpatient admissions, and multiple doctors dismissing my symptoms, and just plain and simple neglect, misdiagnosis, and dismissed until I was rushed into surgery. I live in a very small rural, mostly Amish community in Camden, IN and both of our vehicles broke down.
We are currently borrowing my husband's brothers mini van because our small truck's engine, both exhaust systems, and so much more broke all at once. My SUV has been in the shop since April 11th with a lot of mechanical issues including the engine and even if it gets going again, my physical needs have progressed and I had a second cervical spinal cord repair, decompression, and then a spinal fusion at the end of May, and my small SUV will not accommodate my power chair. We checked into help to try to get one but I would also need help with the evaluation process and conversions. Right now with the holidays, we are looking for every and all assistance help we can get from grant funding, free gas cards to help us even get to my appointments and the grocery store or to spend time with family/travel needs, food, furniture, and we applied for habitat for humanity and got to the credit report check and was told we were denied because of our student loans, debt to income ratio but the student loans are the biggest issue.
I applied for and was approved for the TPD program as a Filipino and the 2 other credit reporting agencies said that my student loan accounts are closed and we have tried to contact his student loans, my veteran husband, to do an income driven repayment program or discharge his too since he provides my home care and has to help me with my 2 support dogs and our son so he does not work outside of all we are dealing with, hence the very limited income and no ability to buy anything we desperately need.
We need a new home, a power chair adaptable vehicle, struggling to even pay our current registration and the high SUV payment, rent, I can't even watch TV with my family in the family room because this old TV is too small and has a bunch of black lines . The furniture is old and broken so it hurts me to even sit or lay down and really difficult for me to transfer out of my power chair.
Our old vacuum cleaner is too heavy and bulky for me to even try to use which is part of the little bit of help I can do, and I am constantly having doctors appointments, injections, labs, procedures, and surgeries.
Even our bed hurts me. We have a king sized bed/mattress that's just about a year old but we were told a firm mattress was recommended with my physical health. I hurts me now because my health has degenerated and now we need an adjustable split frame with thick but cooling technology mattresses that will not budge or sink as I am supposed to be resting to avoid constant pressure and strain which speeds up damage. We are renting from another Filipino and the house has a semi open floor plan but the bathroom is tiny and I can't get any of my equipment in there. It desperately needs a lot of work because our one energy bill (we have 3) is a budget plan for veterans of $190/month and it's a 2 bedroom 1story small house. Please 🙏🏼 we are desperately in need of all of the help we can get quickly.
Relief13

Re: Filipino immigrant married to a veteran

Post by Relief13 »

I am an 83 year old Navy Veteran with a disability, I live with my wife (who is a Filipino immigrant) and son who is also disabled at the above address. We are on very low SS Income, on January 15, 2024 we received a letter from PPWA that they must update the community well system and they are demanding payments of what could be as much as $5,000.00 with payments starting on July first OF $450.00. If the full amount of $900.00 is not paid by then late fees will begin and the water termination may go into effect. This is a payment we can not meet, and are in danger of having our water shut off.
As a Veteran with a disability married to a Filipino immigrant is there any way I could be afforded some consideration in this situation, there is also another senior
Veteran with a disability living on the same street that in the same situation as I am. These payments if even possible would be an extreme hardship on us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Filipino immigrant married to a veteran

Post by Admin »

We have many programs listed, for both veterans and immigrants. The main link/directory for resources is the link below.
But since married to a veteran, also maybe try the various VA benefit programs - They may be the best bet. Or find additional immigrant resources here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html