Christmas help for my children while waiting for disability

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Finch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Christmas help for my children while waiting for disability

Post by Finch »

Good Afternoon,
My name is Mark. I am reaching out for any help available for my children, to have presents to open on Christmas morning. I was injured at work and files short term FMLA disability.
I was seriously injured at my job working for Chewy in April, with related Covid-19 policies putting me behind on all my bills, on 4 separate occasions even before my injury. This was due to Chewy policy and my children contracting Covid-19 at public school and visiting of nearby co-workers.
Without help and assistance, I fear the worst can and will happen and my two boys Markus and Matthew will not have any gifts to open on Christmas morning. They really are such good boys. Markus 13 and Matthew 6. Both of my boys are mostly well behaved and receive first honors or the max grades allowed for my youngest Matthew.
Without any gifts for my children, due to myself being injured while working and waiting on short term FMLA disability, my boys are both still too young to understand. For Markus and Matthew have always known their Dad to be strong, working hard and capable. After finding out Santa is a fable from friends, Markus received the news maturely and understood. Matthew still believes in Santa and likely will not understand no presents to open on Christmas morning from Dad 😭
I am currently an injured worker and waiting on payments to be made. The latest update from my council stated, it could be February before my wages are paid or a decision is made by my workers compensation judge sebastianelli. The claim adjuster for their insurance Sedgwick, started payments for a few weeks, known as workers compensation temporary compensation payable, after I was operated on April 5th 2022 even though I was seriously injured back on March 2nd 2022. Payments posted weekly from April 7th at 602.50/week my average weekly earnings after deductions, until May 6th, just under a month to heal and be back to work full duty. But when the operation was reported as failed or needing longer recovery time, they stopped temporary compensation payments and declined further payment. I was forced to seek council because of that.
Council stated Chewy and their insurance carrier are notorious for "flipping a coin" leaving to judges decision and hoping to win some, when an operation fails or recovery times take longer for their injured workers or anyone in need of further operations. I will be operated on again December 14th 2022 of this year to repair the previous operation that caused further injury to me on April 5th 2022. If that surgery is unsuccessful repairing the previous one that created further injury from April 5th; I will be operated on again January 17th and January 24th for a two part or two series DRG lifetimes stimulator implant into my spine.
I never asked for any of these things to happen to me, being injured while working, or needing surgery to repair a hernia, too much heavy lifting and bending. But I never in my life expected to suffer or struggle this much for doing the job that I was asked to do safely. Especially, after being injured on the job for Chewy, a multibillion dollar company and their multibillion dollar insurance carrier Safety National Casualty Corporation. Struggling and stressing the past almost 9 months trying to survive. Struggling to live, or even eat, or feed my children and buy daily essential living items 😔😔
This injury, Covid-19 policy, working for the state as a Contact Tracer and suddenly being unemployed due to injury and waiting on FMLA, has left my life in shambles. I have been trying to be strong for my children, seeing their grown Daddy normally so strong and capable, crying almost daily, has been incredibly difficult to say the least, especially facing the possibility of not having a Christmas for my boys, it just leaves me broken 😭
Thankful CEO (commission on economic opportunity people helping people) was able to help as much as they have but this November month, marks the final month they were able to provide rental and electric assistance for paying on our home.
The state of Pennsylvania won't provide me or my boys any assistance either, without a termination letter from Chewy. My job at Chewy won't provide a termination letter when a worker is injured, and awaiting payments from short term disability payments. Under unemployment law, they won't provide any assistance either during those quarters, because I was injured on the job, on the clock working at Chewy. Because Chewy and their insurance contested my injury and stopped payments, I have been severely struggling to provide for myself and my two children. Reaching out to family and friends whenever I can and promising to pay them back, which I will, if only someone, anyone could help us.
With no help anywhere else either, because they simply contested the failed operation, stopping payments. Literally stressing, inconsolable crying and tears and leaving me and my boys to die, or to the point of no return.
With no wealthy family or friends to turn to and being on my own as a single Father and divorcee means, without CEO able to help pay rent/electric thus far, or anyone able to help pay for Christmas or help assist until I receive payment, will make things that much worse for recovery after my operations, and before the Judge finally makes his decision.
If I am somehow paid after assistance or payments are made to help myself and my boys, I will notify anyone willing to help in writing, by email or phone call on next steps to pay it all back, or use the lost wages payment to get caught up again on our life. As of now, I have over 30k in lost wages owed to me.
From severe credit damage, closed accounts, threatening calls and letters received almost daily, this last year has been the absolute worst in my entire adult life. But by far, the hardest part of all, will be an empty tree, no presents underneath, or no tree at all 😭😭 because I cannot even purchase one or buy any decorations. This period of time for my children or any child should never have to be experienced in their entire innocent lives. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!! 🥺😭
Thank you for listening to my story..