Elderly widower in poor health

State and local government assistance programs.
Hylari
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Elderly widower in poor health

Post by Hylari »

I am attempting to help an elderly widower who lives alone and is in poor health.
This past Monday he had quadruple bypass surgery and will be heading to extended care for some period of time before he can go home. And that’s the problem. He already cannot afford home repairs and now is going to be facing huge medical bills.
I have never been inside his home but other people have told me that it’s in really bad shape, including mold and at least one wall in a bedroom and a hole in the floor, both caused by water damage. He does not have the money to have these repairs done and has lost his insurance because he did not file a timely claim and now he cannot obtain insurance until the repairs are done.
I am concerned about him returning to a home where there is mold. And two years ago a cat got into his house through the hole in the floor and had a litter of kittens in the bedroom closet. If a cat can get in, so can other critters.
He lives in the Dentsville area of Richland County and, as mentioned, is in poor health.
If you can possibly help him or can refer me to an agency or ministry for elderly widowers that can help him, I would appreciate you calling or responding to this email to give me further information. Thank you so much for your help and consideration.
Anna Claire
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Elderly widower in poor health

Post by Anna Claire »

To whom it may concern;
In the last year I have lost my 28-year-old son and Vietnam veteran husband. Now I am a widower. I was my husbands caregiver for the last 15 years of his life and should be getting widow’s benefits from the VA. One of his DD 214‘s is missing. Without my husband‘s income, I can’t afford to survive being an elderly person who was not working and is in bad health. I work full-time and all I do is pay bills but there’s not enough money. I emptied my 401(k) to move from Ohio to Florida to be near my oldest daughter and grandchildren. The movers destroyed or stole most of my belongings and I need to sue them. Much I need to do but I am emotionally frozen. I am in such severe grief that I don’t know how I will survive this.
Honestly, I just can’t afford to live in poor health being older. Is there any help available?
Thank you so much!