Disaster relief in Kentucky Louisville Kentucky

State and local government assistance programs.
Chris Klein
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disaster relief in Kentucky Louisville Kentucky

Post by Chris Klein »

I apologize but I am having issues navigating your website.
I lived in one of the worst affected areas hit by the floods in eastern Kentucky at the end of July. It was a complete disaster. Me and thousands of others damaged, houses destroyed, have no food and worse.
I live in Breathitt County Kentucky and the county is a FEMA disaster zone. I have a 2 year old daughter. We are currently living in a tent and pretty well don't have anything.
I would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the direction of any help. Where can we go for disaster relief?
Brian Sullivan

Re: Disaster relief in Louisville Kentucky

Post by Brian Sullivan »

Hello,
I am in Louisville Kentucky. A tree fell on our home well completely into our home. This is a disaster caused by mother nature. I had rented this home for 15 years and now the landlord isn't going to rebuild so we are left homeless. I have renters insurance but that is now exhausted I have had to pay put of pocket for hotel stays for me and my family. Getting an apartment is no easy task as I am semi Retired and have an issue with my leg that the doctors are trying to help me with. I live off my inheritance that my mother left me when she passed last October and my wife passed right before her in August.
I have been running through this inheritance with hotel stays in Louisville and we need a home to live in and apply for disaster relief. I have told apartment managers I am willing to pay 6mths lease in advance but I still have to have income proof for 2xs to 3xs the rent even with paying 6m ahead. I plan on getting back to work once we can get a place and things get settled my daughter in law goes to school fulltime so her income is financial aid 3 times a year and it's barely anything to speak of after books and supplies my grandson is 4 years old and my everything and my son is in a half way house until we have a suitable home he can come to. He owns his own car detailing business but hasn't been able to do that for months because of our situation. So I guess you can see why I can't find a place to house us here in Louisville with no income to show them, but maybe some government disaster relief program can help
But that will change once we have a home. I am reaching out to you to see if I can get some help in getting us a place to live the holidays are coming and we don't have a place to call home and live separately in hotel rooms. If you would please email me or give me a call about disaster relief if you can help out situation at all. Thank you for everything have a nice evening and making ends meet right now. And then my landlord comes over last Friday to tell me he has to up the rent $1000.00 next month due to his ins going up, that brings us to $2200.00 a month.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disaster relief in Louisville Kentucky

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Sorry to here about the devastation. While of course there are federal programs such as FEMA, but for something like you describe (a more local issue with tree), try the Salvation Army in Louisville. They often have programs to help people recover from a disaster, and look here for resources. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _assi.html
Brian Sullivan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:13 am Hello,
I am in Louisville Kentucky. A tree fell on our home well completely into our home. This is a disaster caused by mother nature.