Laid off 3 times

State and local government assistance programs.
British
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Laid off 3 times

Post by British »

Good Morning,
I have been laid off 3 times during covid:
1. Atlas Technical Consultants, Duluth, GA where I was included in mass lay-off of 40+ people).
2. Leapley Construction, Smyra, GA
3. Apparel Manufacturing, Lilburn, GA - laid off due to cash flow issues with their company. I was helping them collect $871,000 in past due invoice money that they hadn't collected during the previous 2-3 years). I was shocked when in less than 1 month, I was able to personally collect $88,000. More money was rolling in due to my exhaustive efforts, but the owner laid me off saying he was having cash flow issues. They had excessive amounts of hiring and firing and lied about my pay and vacation. So, total take home for that 4 months was $11,987.85. Gross was $13,972.40 I think.
My husband had a work injury at a company that was never remedied, but he was able to get work with Image First at the end of March 2022. In 6 months his gross was $41,479; however, after family healthcare costs, taxes, and a small 401K distribution, his net was only $29,155 for that 6 months meaning that his monthly net pay was $4,859.17. Compare this to our average monthly expenses for 9 months which is a total of $5,769.48.
My credit card balance is over $8,027.67 because when I was working, I was paying $200 every 2 weeks on pay day. But then the owner at Apparel Manufacturing laid me off. And after I was laid off at Atlas in 2020, I had to deplete my 401K/ROTH to pay bills. My retired 75-year-old parents paid my $200 interest c/c charge last month on 9.10.22. But I didn't have the heart to ask them again on 10.10.22 because they are on a fixed income. So, now I owe a $38 late fee. In addition, my daughter, Mary , has to pay $120 for early college admissions for 2 colleges this week. She has a weighted 4.1 average due to AP classes and is an AP scholar trying to get into GA Tech which only accepts 2,100 Georgians a year out of their 50,000 applicants.
I was able to get $175 (after taxes) tiny unemployment that ran out weeks ago from the third lay-off job I had. That total was $2,299 for 11 weeks I think it was. My last payment was 9.13.22. My checking account balance is $59.50. It's terrifying!
Here's the good news. I have an offer letter from United Health to start a new job pending reference and background checks. I know they are having trouble collecting info from previous employers, so I have frantically been scanning and sending them tons of documentation to help the process move ASAP. Unfortunately, my first paycheck would not be until 11.11.22 which will make me miss my credit card interest again which will trigger another $38 late fee. Plus, we are paying our dog, Tiger's, $83 monthly fee for his healthcare which comes out of my checking account. But my balance currently is only $59.50. I need to renew his 6 pills of Simparica TRIO for 88-132 lb. dogs which is around $88. Charles, husband has been paying 95% of our bills for the last 4 months by himself including our PennyMac mortgage which is currently $1,530.84. We are suffering.
We already lost our Duluth, GA house in September 2012 after Charles and other black co-workers were terminated when Nestle acquired the companies they had worked for during the previous 12-20 years. I really don't want to lose a 2nd house. It took us 7 years to be able to get a second house after we lost the first one due to both of our bankruptcies and the repo of both of our suv's after Nestle termination.
Is there anyway we can get help from Salvation Army to help me recover from the 3 lay offs please?
Thanks,
Maher

Re: Laid off 3 times

Post by Maher »

To whomever this concerns,
Thank you for taking the time to read my request, as I have been laid off from jobs 3 times now. I am currently behind 90 days on my car payment and can use some assistance with catching up on my payments. I live in the city of Maricopa and am a single mother to a 12-year-old daughter. Transportation is vital for me to get back and forth. I have been unemployed 3 times, taking contract jobs here and there. I have an interview tomorrow, which I hope results in me landing the job. What are the next steps for obtaining assistance?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laid off 3 times

Post by Admin »

If you are 90 days behind on your car payment, that is longer than most people get. Normally a lender would have re-possessed it by now. But maybe you still have time. More on car payment help in a crisis.
Maher wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:25 pm To whomever this concerns,
Thank you for taking the time to read my request, as I have been laid off from jobs 3 times now. I am currently behind 90 days on my car payment and can use some assistance with catching up on my payments.