What can farmers do for help?

State and local government assistance programs.
Lunchlady
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

What can farmers do for help?

Post by Lunchlady »

Hello,
We are farmers who need assistance. We are a struggling dairy farm milking 60 cows with no outside hired help. Just my husband and me. We are looking for assistance with our electric bill which always runs high because of the farm, and all the equipment and fans needed.
We did apply and receive Energy Assistance but have already used what was allocated to use. Between Fuel oil for the house and we had 30 percent put out our electric bill. We are still in a shut off status, but we are working with the utility company on arrangements. We need help paying the bills on our farm so we can work it, make money, and don't lose the farm.
Currently I am unable to meet these arrangements because we had our truck in for repairs and also our skid loader, 2 things we can’t live without on a farm.
I am looking for any assistance that might be available.
Thank you
Laurie
Isal

Re: What can farmers do for help?

Post by Isal »

Hello, I am needing electric bill assistance very badly as a Farmer. I am hoping you can mail me a LHEAP application or any program that offers utility assistance to farmers who need help. My name is Joey . I live in Collin County, I'm needing $1000. My electric company is farmers electric cooperation. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: What can farmers do for help?

Post by Admin »

Collin County where? LIHEAP is a state program. Regardless there are USDA programs for farmers, housing, energy help for rural communities and more. As some government aid is focused on what are classified as rural communities. Find there here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ities.html
Isal wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:49 am Hello, I am needing electric bill assistance very badly as a Farmer. I am hoping you can mail me a LHEAP application or any program that offers utility assistance to farmers who need help. My name is Joey . I live in Collin County, I'm needing $1000. My electric company is farmers electric cooperation. Thank you