Fired due to calling out of work from COVID

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Hylari
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fired due to calling out of work from COVID

Post by Hylari »

Dear sirs,
I live in South Dakota. I am a single 43 year old man with no children. I was recently let go of my job that I held for over 4 years. I felt I did nothing wrong in being let go. I was sick with the worst flu, which was COVID, I ever had and called in AS I HAD ALWAYS DONE IN THE PAST THE SAME WAY, but they felt because I left messages to let them know I was to be out instead of contacting my direct supervisor, this was in lieu of their policy.
May I mention I NEVER ONCE IN 3 YEARS was told this was wrong. I also was never given a warning or anything. I also did not even have the supervisor’s direct number. My main supervisor was out on maternity leave. And lastly, I had just had a positive review and was due for a raise! I mention that last part to show my character and work ethic are not poor.
Anyway, I have about enough in the bank at the moment to cover rent next month and my cable (which I will shut off if this continued. It is not a necessity). I also have a utility bill for electric that I might be able to cover. I really have no other bills past that. My rent is 490$. I look for jobs everyday as required by the state to get unemployment as I recover from COVID. And that is the last point and the main reason for this letter.
I am now fighting unemployment due to COVID claim and being fired. It is in limbo. I check the status every day. I also have to wait on food stamps. I am almost assured of being denied unemployment. If I do get it, this can all be disregarded, since I would have more than enough to get by while searching for work. I am more worried about this next rent bill coming after this one. it took me almost 6 months to find work last time 5 years ago. I do not have a lot of skill and mainly have always done the same jobs.
I have never done anything like this, reaching out like this. maybe it was my pride. But now my fear has overridden that. I told myself and even prayed on this. God puts us in situations to see how we will react. Will we stay the same person that brought us here? I told him if he can stabilize all this, whether with unemployment granted or with a decent paying job, I would be a better person. I would hold onto this job with all I have and be thankful every day for it and what I have, even if not much. because I NEVER want to reach this point again!
I thank you for your time. Also, please forward this to the proper people it needs to go to. Maybe my local Salvation Army? I live in Sioux Falls SD.  
Mike O
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Fired due to calling out of work from COVID

Post by Mike O »

My family and I are currently in California but will all be moving to North Dakota here soon because we have jobs waiting for us out there and friends to live with. I was fired as COVID is around my office and I missed work as I called out.
My fiance is already on his way to North Dakota and we will be following soon. We have a 3 year old girl and I am 6 months pregnant with our son, thus I can't work with people having COVID. We are trying to find help getting our phone bill paid we owe over $600 to get them back on. We are trying to find help paying it because 2 months ago I was fired and have been trying to get another job but no one wants to hire me because I have almost 3 months till our son is here.
It's been hard cause we are struggling to get anything paid but are still trying so hard not to stress. Please if you can help you can contact me in my email because our phones are off and if you can't help I'll have to figure something out. Thank you!