HUD increased rent 35%

Find how to get help with rent
Mendez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

HUD increased rent 35%

Post by Mendez »

Dear Sir, my name is Rose M Touma. I'm 63 years old and disabled. I currently reside in an income controlled apartment.
This year HUD allowed a 35% rent increase across the board in the U.S. This apartment complex took full advantage of it and increased our rent to the max.
Unfortunately, my disability check didn't see the same increase. I'm not able to pay my bills on any form of regular basis.
I've been trying desperately to reach LIHEAP through Hillsborough County Department of Social Services, but to no avail.
I don't have a car and I'm homebound. There's no public transportation available in this area.
Please forgive me, I apologize for babbling, I need help with paying Electric, Gas and Water bills as well as the 35% increase in my HUD rent. Is there any help available for a disabled person over the age of 59? Could you help me with information about help with bills, please?
I'm praying for a response from you. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a blessed day.
RonnieSmith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: HUD increased rent 35%

Post by RonnieSmith »

Good morning,
I'm contacting you for resource assistance in Androscoggin country, Maine.
I'm trying to get some assistance for back rent to prevent eviction from a Church or similar organization in my area as the rent on my HUD home went up 35%. The agencies I've contacted don't have any help available for back rent. I just started working full time this week but, I won't get paid until 12/23. Those agencies will consider my current income to high for assistance. However, even with a full time job , I will still be unable to get caught up on back rent.
Do you have any resource information from Churches in my area? Thank you for your time and assistance!

Happy Holidays!!