Water pipes froze then burst

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Sushi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Water pipes froze then burst

Post by Sushi »

Whenever the whether was below freezing for a week around the COVID relief time, my pipes busted & black mold began growing in my house. Due to my daughter being so young, I thought it was best to get out of the situation we were in & I moved into a new house with no black mold or busted pipes. I tried to call and pay the rest of my water bill when they informed me my balance was at $0.
took my new lease up to the City of Enid and they informed me in order to turn my water on; I would need to pay the remaining balance left on my previous bill even though the water pipes froze and burst. I told the lady that I had called earlier and they informed me that my balance was at $0, and then she informed me that my bill actually had a remaining balance of $500. Paying my new deposit, first months rent, turning on the gas, I don't have any money left in my account to finally set up everything to move in and any help would be a blessing & every little bit helps! Please help my family & I. I'm trying as hard as I can to make ends meet & with having my baby soon I'm really stressing out.
Sheppard
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water pipes froze then burst

Post by Sheppard »

I've looked everywhere for help and can't find anyone to help me financially get minor plumbing done and possibly floor replaced under toilet as water pipes have frozen then they burst in this cold weather. I either have a venting or blockage problem in my drain pipes.
I'm 65 and on SSI and live in Jacksonville NC. Can you help me or know someone who can?
Thank you
Cheryl