Transportation for job interview

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Peruiu
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Transportation for job interview

Post by Peruiu »

My name is Beatrice and I'm an Almeda Fire Survivor. FEMA and the Red Cross denied many of us assistance because we were renters and tenants when we lost our homes. I need a car or transportation for a job interview for a solid opportunity. I'm in a temporary transitional shelter and I will not be able to stay indefinitely. Tonight I found out I have a solid opportunity and I'm reaching out to you to help me make it happen, please!
I'm not a veteran; however, I come from an all military family. Although my family is now deceased, my brother served in Vietnam in the Marine Corp and my father served in WWII and the Korean War.
I have an opportunity to purchase a reliable, used vehicle from a friend but I need the money to do so for transportation for the job interview. A very old friend reached out to me from California to let me know that he needs to sell his extremely reliable 2010 Toyota Highlander for $10,400. He's moving out of the country to be near his children. I'm reaching out to you to help provide funds for said vehicle for me.
I've finally healed from a major abdominal surgery, I can walk, now I MUST find work. I live in the Rogue Valley of Oregon and the public transit system is extremely poor for job seekers and those needing to rely on the bus to get to work on time. This is my home, this is where I must rebuild.
I have no money but I must have a reliable vehicle to look for work and get the job interview. PLEASE help me. I'm 55 years young, I'm newly healed from major surgery, I'm moving through menopause and I must work to survive. My savings are completely depleted.
So far I've missed out on four job interviews due to the bus arriving too late to either pick me up or deliver me to my destination. On occasion I've had to walk at least 30 minutes one way in 90 degree weather, only to find my interviewer was not impressed with my sweaty, disheveled appearance.
The Rogue Valley is my home and there are plenty of jobs to be had if I had transportation. I'm skilled with basic bookkeeping, office management, and a myriad of other office support skills, now I need the wheels to land a proper position.
Thank you for your kind consideration and blessings to you and yours,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Transportation for job interview

Post by Admin »

Hi Beatrice
Sounds like you are lucky to be alive. We can't give you information on car programs (maybe if you were hired for that job after your interview), but you just need transportation to get there right now. There are free bus passes for interviews. Try them. They can be a short term solution. Look here for free bus passes for interviews. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... asses.html
Peruiu wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:47 am My name is Beatrice and I'm an Almeda Fire Survivor. FEMA and the Red Cross denied many of us assistance because we were renters and tenants when we lost our homes. I need a car or transportation for a job interview for a solid opportunity. I'm in a temporary transitional shelter and I will not be able to stay indefinitely. Tonight I found out I have a solid opportunity and I'm reaching out to you to help me make it happen, please!
I'm not a veteran; however, I come from an all military family. Although my family is now deceased, my brother served in Vietnam in the Marine Corp and my father served in WWII and the Korean War.
I have an opportunity to purchase a reliable, used vehicle from a friend but I need the money to do so for transportation for the job interview. A very old friend reached out to me from California to let me know that he needs to sell his extremely reliable 2010 Toyota Highlander for $10,400. He's moving out of the country to be near his children. I'm reaching out to you to help provide funds for said vehicle for me.
I've finally healed from a major abdominal surgery, I can walk, now I MUST find work. I live in the Rogue Valley of Oregon and the public transit system is extremely poor for job seekers and those needing to rely on the bus to get to work on time. This is my home, this is where I must rebuild.
I have no money but I must have a reliable vehicle to look for work and get the job interview. PLEASE help me. I'm 55 years young, I'm newly healed from major surgery, I'm moving through menopause and I must work to survive. My savings are completely depleted.
So far I've missed out on four job interviews due to the bus arriving too late to either pick me up or deliver me to my destination. On occasion I've had to walk at least 30 minutes one way in 90 degree weather, only to find my interviewer was not impressed with my sweaty, disheveled appearance.
The Rogue Valley is my home and there are plenty of jobs to be had if I had transportation. I'm skilled with basic bookkeeping, office management, and a myriad of other office support skills, now I need the wheels to land a proper position.
Thank you for your kind consideration and blessings to you and yours,